View Full Version : Reports From Lp To Dumping Grounds

TANDEM MAN
05-05-2008, 05:56 PM
Has anyone fished these areas recently? I fished the mouth of the severn since opening day and it seems to be spent.

My son is coming home from college and I sure would like some help finding fish for him.

fishleader
05-06-2008, 06:39 PM
There has been fish caught from the Bay Bridge (east side ) to Love Point.
Last week there were alot of fish caught but now it has slowed up. You should be able to get your limit if you only have a couple fishermen. Check your line regularly for grass because it is floating everywhere. There is no hot line you just need some luck to entice a few fish to eat. Good luck and let us know how you make out. :thumbup:

5th Tuition
05-09-2008, 10:09 PM
Tandum man; if you can trailer your boat, head south. I was doing well out of ches. beach and going to red 78. But this week, I went further south out of breezy and fished the cove point area. If you look at your map, I figured I needed to get to the narrow area between Taylors Island and the Power Plant. This would give my two additional advantages to red 78. Not only are the fish concentrated due to the narrow area, but I also had the opportunity to catch fish LEAVING the choptank river. I think they are heading out to the ocean now. Trophy season may only last another two weeks, even down south. I use planner boards and run 8 rods VERY light. I have tandums ranging from a TOTAL weight of 4 1/2 oz (1 1/2 & 3) to maximum of 8 oz (3 & 5). I also run at least two "dipsey divers" at 20 ft with 1 1/2 oz. lure. Two other rods are either put out on the boards or run as divers depending on the weather that day. If it's bright and sunny, I go light. If it's cloudy and choppy, I make them divers. I've been averaging 6-8 fish per half day with this spread. Hope this helps. 5th (Marty)