View Full Version : What Cameras do you use?

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Chesapeake TJAM
06-16-2008, 09:14 PM
Hey ya'll, I use a Canon Rebel XT. I shoot mainly nature and candid pics of my son. I just got a Canon 75-300 IS lens and so far I love it for outdoor shot. In lower light situations the focus beyond 200 is a little soft but in sunlight it's great for what I use it for. And the IS makes a huge difference. The best part is if you are looking for a little more distance and are on a tight budget this is it. I'm curious to see the quality on my tripod. Of course your subjects need to beyond 5' away.
Cheers!~

pitboss
06-27-2008, 06:18 AM
some good shots guys! canon with L series lens amnd sony for video...

jeff

Cory ruthless Routh
07-06-2008, 08:04 PM
I am the oddball, I shoot the Sony Alpha 700. Just got it and so far it is an awesome DSLR.

JimDE
01-11-2009, 05:24 PM
Being old school I still prefer 35mm color positive and B&W film for the process and the results. My 35mm camera of choice is a Contax G2 Rangefinder (Contax is now out of business) though I do have Nikon and Olympus SLR's. Medium format preference Mamiya 645 .

I got into digital at its birth with a AGFA1280 digital then numerous OLY advanced P&S's. My current digital line up is a Minolta 7D with 3 lenses (also out of the photography game: see a trend here or what ;) ), a OLY 770SW waterproof, and a Canon G10 (P&S with an attitude) ;). But, I never left my film work.

If a shot is really important and IMO has to look its best I'll grab a film camera but for random daily sort of photo's I will use digital. The 7D system is an excellent system but the truth is for the size and weight of this system it rarely see's sunlight.

Most of my shots will be handled by the Contax G2, Canon G10, and if getting wet is the call the 770SW is in my pocket.

I have been tripping shutters since 1964 and shooting for money was how I helped put myself thru college then my 2 Hasse's were sold for down payment for my first house. Shooting for cash neared ruined my interest in this fine activity because I just would not pull them out of the case unless I was going to make a buck. A very poor attitude that I really regret today because I have very few photo's of my oldest two kids growing up during that time in my life.

Today the Joy is back and I shoot for the love of recording light! Being retired also doesn't hurt ;)

FishStu
01-12-2009, 10:59 AM
Since no one is defending Nikon among all you Canon guys, I will speak up.
I have a Nikon D80 (soon to be replaced by a D300 or 700) . I have the 18-135 kit lens that came with the camera, a 50mm , 85mm and 70-300mm VR zoom . I am really happy with Nikon and the lens choices available ---except for the price !!!

mrmoose7
01-31-2009, 05:31 AM
Howdy everyone, I have always been a Olympus man, started out with a cheap camera open box from Circuit City. Needed one in a hurry and thats what feel in the price range.
Then I discovered the Xd cards. It seemed like any picture you took had the most amazing colors. So vivid. Now five years later, the whole fam has olympus. I have moved up to a SLR E-510 with several way to costly lens. The cost is a bit higher than most but the new 4/3'd system shoot with great quality.
We also went on our honeymoon in Dec and wanted a good camera for underwater shots. We saw the Olympus 1050. Great all purpuse camera. Water proof 30 or 10 feet can't rember, shockproof up to 12 feet. One of the best buys ever.
So anyone looking for great shots with no brains, like me. go look at the Olympus cameras. You will not regret it.

I will post a few soon.

capt. walt
01-31-2009, 03:07 PM
I have a Kodak Z740, 5.0 megapixels, with a 10.x optical soom. I know this is nothing to boast about, but here are few shots I did this morning of Robins devowering all the red berries from our neighbor's holly tree.

Kayak fisherman
01-31-2009, 04:29 PM
I carry my "good" camera, a Nikon D40x, out in the ocean when I go. But I have to say, I get my best shots using an HD Sony video cam. You can clip frames out and, while they're not as crystal clear as the Nikon's pics, you often get better pics because you really don't miss anything. If I videotape a fish breaking the top of the water for a split second, this equals about 15-20 frames (pics) and usually at least one of them is very clear and the fish is "posing" just right. You can't (ie, "I can't") do that with a regular camera.