View Full Version : Murrell's Inlet need help / advice etc

prowler1972
05-23-2008, 08:34 PM
Hello,

A buddy and myself have brought our family's down to Murrell's inlet in south carolina, he was not originally going to bring down his boat... but now he has brought it.

can anyone put us on any fun to catch fish this weekend? we can launch in murrell's inlet or on the intercoastal waterway. just looking to catch some fish for fun... not worried about anything major.

Anyone willing to help 2 Baltimorons out?

any recommendations / advice happily accepted.

1skyhawk1
05-27-2008, 09:54 PM
Sorry man the locals don't seem to use this board very much. I'm an out of towner myself and it's hard to get info for this area. Hopefully they will discover it soon. Good Luck in the future:confused:

LY2000
05-29-2008, 02:04 PM
Troll for spanish every afternoon at the mouth of the inlet...or drift the inlet for flounder or cast grubs for trout back in "bay" of the inlet.

iFishMD
05-30-2008, 09:52 AM
There is a ramp in Murrells inlet. Dropping in the intercoastal waterway will not take you to Murrells inlet, it will take you to Georgetown (which is quite a bit south of Murrells inlet. Murrells Inlet is is very shallow. Good luck. I am a graduate of Coastal Carolina Univ and lived in Surfside beach for 3 years

BLUEYZWAITN
06-10-2008, 11:53 AM
Go to capt dicks I think you can launch there , like above go to the inlet and fish in the area and the long stretch just before the inlet, I have caught a lot of decent flounder there ... Also The ladyfish are there too, Lots of fun catching them ... I used Mullet and everything seems to like it of Fresh or Live Shrimp if you can find it, So small trout in the area

Baldzilla 2.0
06-17-2008, 11:29 PM
I'm probably a little late to the party, but with the risk of giving away a few good secrets, if you are willing to travel about 30 minutes, Hog's Inlet at Cherry Grove, at 53rd ave in NMB has a ramp and if you run east up the inlet there are some great jetty's with loads of flounder, spottail, and weakfish...also if you run up to around 61st ave by boat you can drift in front of the public access, just outside of where the surf guys throw their bait and load up...I caught a 8 lb and 7 lb trout, a 9.25 lb flounder, and many many drum there about 2 weeks ago...right off the pier at 53rd ave in Hogs inlet is great for flounder also.

news_watch
06-19-2008, 12:56 AM
try charlestonfishing.com to get a reply