View Full Version : Chumming at Hackets

Plan B.
05-25-2008, 02:49 PM
Tried chummingtoday at hacketts, was a total flop, only got one bite. i guess that the water is still a little cold because i marked a ton of fish

5th Tuition
05-26-2008, 08:53 AM
While you were chumming; did you try to catch any perch or spot for livelining? Were the marks BIG fish or SMALL fish? 5th

Plan B.
05-26-2008, 09:17 PM
While you were chumming; did you try to catch any perch or spot for livelining? Were the marks BIG fish or SMALL fish? 5th

The marks I had were both lagre fish and bait ,but i did not try to liveline with perch or spot

Plan B.
05-26-2008, 09:22 PM
[QUOTE=Plan B.;1093028]The marks I had were both lagre fish and bait ,but i did not try to liveline with perch or spot I also fished the last hour of the incoming, slack and the first hour of the outgoing tide, the times I have always had my best results

5th Tuition
05-27-2008, 08:56 AM
This time of year can be tough. What I usually end up doing is asking people if they want to go perch fishing; catch some perch and keep a few small ones for livelining after we have a mess of larger perch. I hope this wind dies down (looks good today) so I can get out this week a try podickery. I'll post if I do any good. 5th (Marty)