View Full Version : Wednesday Fishing

Little Boy Blue
07-18-2008, 10:02 PM
I decided to give jigging with spoons a try so I had to purposely leave the bait tank at home so I would not be tempted to catch bait this time. I got a lot of practice jigging the spoon while watching it on the finder, however I only caught 2 LM for the day. I jigged numerous points throughout Nutbush.

lannyp
07-19-2008, 07:40 AM
Thanks Scott for the report. :clap:We need to get together with Shane and Mike and either follow them out or ride along with them and get some first hand experience. I always wanted to learn how to jig for stripers not to mention I would like to learn to catch them on artificals as well. Call me if you need some company out there next time. :rockon:
Lanny

dalton
07-19-2008, 09:31 PM
In the bay we catch rockfish on jigs, i.e. this one: Tidalfish Lures, Tidalfish.com, Tidalfish fishing lures from alltackle.com (http://www.alltackle.com/tidalfish_lures.htm). The chartreuse bucktails with flash and hackle are deadly on stripers; after we find fish on the finder, we cast it out and let it sink, twitch and reel up the slack, the fish will hit it on the fall.

JBee
07-21-2008, 09:50 AM
This is something I've wanted to learn also. Maybe at our next club meeting someone could explain the technique. I bought some of those Freestyle jigs but have yet to take them out of the package.
I fished Saturday and heard over the VHF that a number of boats were jigging the area near the Boy Scout Camp. I am not 100% certain of where that area is?