View Full Version : Time Exposures

Fiskamon
09-15-2008, 07:59 PM
We have a really clear night and full moon up here in Delaware tonight. There are just enough clouds to add effect, but I am so ass dragging tired I just can't get off my arse to take a couple. I din't get in from work tonight until 2000 hrs. If we have the same conditions tomorrow night I'll give it a shot.

Sanity
09-15-2008, 08:05 PM
I have the same problem you do. To sleep, perchance to dream.......it is oh so true.

There's a guy here locally who does some marvelous things with the bulb setting. If you are near water, particularly if you can get a high angle on it like from a balcony, try shooting a pier lit up at night. The wave action turns int something dreamlike. It gives a wonderful misty texture to the water and makes the horizon turn into interesting colors.

I've wanted to do it myself, but getting up for the break of dawn is something I gave up a while back.

Post the result if you do it. I am envious of the Night Shooters!

Ken Tidy
09-16-2008, 01:16 PM
We have a very cool old cruiser anchored up in the town harbor. We were having dinner the other night at a waterfront eatery and it was killing me I did not have my Camera with me.

Last night we had the same conditions and a spectacular sun set. The dogs wanted to sniff every blade of grass along their walk so I miss the light. Hopefully tonight I will get another shot at it!