View Full Version : Local Fishing Photography

Pages : 1 [2] 3

FishPrintGuy
09-19-2008, 03:48 PM
Awesome photos - great eye.

Fiskamon
09-19-2008, 07:31 PM
Jay, believe it or not this was the first chance I had to visit your site. Beuuuuuutiful shots. On some of them do you use filters? If so which ones do you prefer? I'm partial to cokin for effects type photo's. They can be somewhat of a pain because you have to load the carrage for them but they produce great results.

thecameraguy
09-19-2008, 07:37 PM
Awesome!

Jay F.
09-20-2008, 09:41 AM
Fiskamon- I use a tiffen 81A filter on all of my lenses, mainly for protecting the glass on the lens. I try to avoid using any polarizing or effect filters. Natural lighting (best around sunrise and sunset) is the best filter.

jay

Sanity
09-20-2008, 12:00 PM
I feel the same way about filters. They are a bit cumbersome and then you have to carry your selection with you. I try to go as "free" as possible. Choosing the morning and evening for shooting is making use of the "available light" and is more pleasing than the harsh glare of light and shadows at midday.

You can always "make do" in the field with some Kleenex and your skylight or UV filter by fogging the lens with your breath and clearing off areas for "soft focus". You can use nose grease for creating a "star filter" by cross hatching it with a comb once you smear it on the lens. You can poke a hole in the Kleenex and vingette a picture in whatever shape you want with the help of a rubber band to keep it in place. You can use a stocking or panty hose to create an amber or sepia tone to a picture. You don't even need the neutral density filters anymore since they are built into the SLR's.

This allows you to travel light. I find myself most often in need of a tripod for low light or windy situations or just to allow for hand tremor at slow speeds. Some of the newer compact tripods make that a little easier. There's always duct tape but then that leaves the impression that you are a serial killer rather than shooting serial photos!:D

Capt.Nick
09-27-2008, 07:14 AM
Great shots.

reelcrazyfish
10-27-2008, 06:33 AM
Nice pics fella!

fred the fisherman
11-06-2008, 04:16 PM
Be proud of those shots.

mpwylie
11-20-2008, 07:44 AM
i love this guy's pics......he is good