View Full Version : WANTED: Merc or Yamaha EFI 200s (will consider carbed also)

gw204
09-26-2008, 02:19 PM
My apologies if this is the wrong board for such a post, but I'm looking for max exposure. Moderators, please feel free to delete this if you deem appropriate.

I'm looking for a counter rotating pair of Merc or Yamaha EFI 200s, but will consider carbed as well. Need controls, gauges, oil tanks, the works....

If you've got a set you are considering selling, let me know ASAP via PM or email to [email protected]

Thanks! :thumbup:

27 sailfish
09-26-2008, 02:38 PM
Pick up a copy of Nor'Easter magazine.There is a company in Pa. that advertises with them- I think Albin outboards.They handle used/reman/left overs Mercs at good prices.

You might also want to give Cedar Creek in Delaware a call.They repowered my rig at a very good price (plus no tax) and did the job in one week.No one local could even get close to it.They also took my old Mercs in trade - something few would do.I went with new Yamahas (200 hp) and one selling point was a 5 yr warranty with UNLIMITED hours :thumbup: - in writing :yes:. For me - that means alot of use with little worry.The new Yamahas use less oil and get better fuel mileage then my older Mercs did.

iFishMD
09-26-2008, 02:43 PM
Someone looking to repower could probably do better selling Brian their power than trading them in. Eds marine in VA has super $$ on some motors now for someone looking for DFI or 4 stroke technology.

Good luck Brian.... Mercs would be faster :clap::D

gw204
09-26-2008, 02:49 PM
Skip,

Are you talking about A1 Outboards...aka Blackbird Industries?

I'll see what Cedar Creek has to offer in the used dept. I thought about new, but given the terrible state of the economy, I want to keep as much $$$ in my pocket as I can and still be able to get back on the water. :)

gw204
09-26-2008, 02:52 PM
Mercs would be faster :clap::D

Yep...I know. They look better too. :clapping2:

jallison27
09-26-2008, 03:18 PM
Brian,

I know someone who has a pair of 93' 150hp motors, both have 125lbs compression across the board and are clean motors, except for the fact that both need steering arms replaced.

They don't come with controls or gauges, but you can get that on e-bay cheap.

If you can do the work, or find replacement mids you can save some cash....I think he'd let them both go for $1500.00

Jeff

Islander655
09-26-2008, 03:21 PM
You might want to check out Almars Outboard located in New Castle, DE (302-328-8541). Check out their website for repower specials or new, used and remanufactured outboards in stock.

gw204
09-27-2008, 09:14 AM
Thanks guys!

Jeff,

Sounds like a good deal on those 150s, but I think that might not be enough power for my rig. She runs about 7000 lbs. fully loaded.

Islander655,

Been checking their site and keeping in touch with Jack. They run a great shop and I have bought an engine from them before. Glad to see they finally got a website up! :)

gw204
10-23-2008, 01:35 PM
Still looking...