View Full Version : OT: some indoor contracting questions

Pages : [1] 2

David-C
10-25-2008, 05:39 PM
Guys and Girls,

I am looking for someone to come into my house, move all the furniture out from a combo LR DR to a PODS, sand the floors, refinish, and paint the walls/ceiling. Then put all my furniture back. In and out in a week or less.

The rooms are 10*12 and 13*13 with no wall between.

So, my questions are:

What's a SWAG on how much that might cost me (Silver Spring), and,

Do you have any recommendations for someone to do the job?

Thanks!
David

Ric-uP
10-25-2008, 06:13 PM
There is a small up-start contractor that is very particular that may suit your needs.

Chesapeake Contracting LLC
(442) 926-2067
Steve Pumphrey

Cost...Who knows.

David-C
10-25-2008, 06:16 PM
Jim,

I am partially disabled as a result of a tree accident 2.5 years ago, but I am even more do-it-yourself disabled.

Over the years I have taken on a number of projects, and by the time I got finished I could have had it done better, cheaper, and faster by going with a pro from the beginning.:eek:

If I could find someone to move the furniture out and do the floors I don't mind doing the painting.

But, I know my limits, and that's a sign of maturity!:rolleyes: About the only sign of maturity I show, according to my wife and children...:yes:

David

J.W.D.
10-25-2008, 07:27 PM
cost of pod $ 500? one call by you to find out
wall prep three rooms $ 400 as long as no real problems
furniture out and back in $ 600
paint and painting material $ 600 labor $ 2200 - 2500
floor finishing and shoe moulding $ 1800 - 2400 + -

Total at high end $ 7000

get hooked up with good guys offer cash and buy all material

knock off 25% pretty quick

no matter what the project they all add up to two things : material labor

don't be afraid to ask a reputable guy how many man days he thinks per task and what a fair man day costs on the books and off the books buy quality paint and finish material costs are what they are. If you accept financial burden for that upfront no markups should be applied

fishcrazy
10-25-2008, 10:25 PM
I'm still trying to figure out how you sand & finish floor/prep and paint walls and move everything in/out in less than a week..

Good luck

David-C
10-25-2008, 11:11 PM
I'm still trying to figure out how you sand & finish floor/prep and paint walls and move everything in/out in less than a week..

Good luckThat's why I'm asking around...

yamaman22
10-26-2008, 02:41 AM
Talk to gary (crabby and son) on this board I think he does this type of stuff

capt.george
10-26-2008, 03:12 AM
---- Q-"But, I know my limits, and that's a sign of maturity! About the only sign of maturity I show, according to my wife and children..."Q

--David, A Mature Man , Indeed !!--Where are ya Located?--

capt.george
10-26-2008, 03:18 AM
Q"But, I know my limits, and that's a sign of maturity! About the only sign of maturity I show, according to my wife and children...Q

--David --A Mature man indeed--Where are ya located ?--Thats where a Subscription Helps with at least a Location in the Profile & the PM Feature--geo.

capt.george
10-26-2008, 03:22 AM
Get a " Capital" paper & read the OUR Bay section--" Save the Bay Move Away"