View Full Version : Landlocked salmon

snookered
09-10-2005, 10:14 AM
Headed to Rangely Maine on the 19th-anyone out there have any info on the fishing?[excited][excited][excited]

snookered
09-26-2005, 07:21 AM
[smile] Back from Rangely Maine. Fished Upper Dam twice-water warm for this time of year and running heavy from powerhouse. Caught 1 decent Landlocked Salmon with hooked jaw and 3 nice brookies all on #8 Montana Nymphs w/orange throrax's-gorgeous color and vista's.

OILMAN
10-05-2005, 11:06 AM
MY SON AND I JUST GOT BACK FROM PULASKI,NEW YORK LIMITED OUT SAT AND SUN.WE WENT WITH A GUIDE NAME SKETTER FISHED IN FRONT OF HIS HOUSE WITH FLY ROD.SMALLEST FISH WAS 22 LBS LARGEST 33 BY THE WAY THEY WERE SALMON.

SKETTER 1-315-298-2657

snookered
10-07-2005, 04:32 PM
Why did you reply to a landlocked salmon message? Those pigs more often than not get caught with the mono in their teeth. Did you use slinkys and call it fly fishing?[sad]

JB Crabs
10-08-2005, 03:57 AM
Oilman, Brings back old memories. I use to yank and crank on the Salmon River before the changes in techniques. The towns had more to do and stay during those years. Does the state still operate the hatchery? Enjoy your fishing challenges whatever they may be.
John

snookered
10-08-2005, 09:04 AM
Thanks for the comeback John. The hatchery is still functioning as far as I know but the emphasis is changing to lake trout I believe. I go to Florida in the winter and don't fish it any more but it became a zoo so I lost interest. I fish Cape Cod in the summer and Pine Island-Sanibel in the winter. Tough assignment but somebody has to do it.