View Full Version : 2006 shows

Ancient Mariner
11-27-2005, 09:11 PM
Hi All:
Thanks for all the guys who picked up lures and rigs from me.
I enjoyed e-mailing all those who wanted specific info or who just wanted to chat.
My phone is always there and the E and B mail too. Thanks abunch.
The holidays are comming so I've put together new gear on the site that I'll try and bring to the 2006 shows. Take a peak and see if anything works for you.
Stop by the booth at the shows and say hello.
THanks to John COCONUTS ( SHINNECOCK STAR)for allowing me to help him at his booth at a show. I met a whole bunch of guys who I would be proud to call friend. I learned a lot from John and
and Capn Niel.
I hope to help out again in 2006.
WACKM N STACKM
Joseph B...aka...Ancient Mariner

[smile]

ketch69
12-04-2005, 09:48 AM
This post is why I pick at you. You are doing nothing other than promoting sales which is suppose to be against the rules. You are a commercial subscriber but it does not allow you to do this.

DEAN

Ancient Mariner
12-04-2005, 11:51 AM
DEAN:
Last time I looked, You weren't the thought police of TIDALFISH.
What happened to b-mailing BRNDON et al and complainig to him?
We had this b-mail thread a while ago. I suggested you b-mail Brandon then. Did you? If so what was is answer?
Are you in the pay of TIDALFISH, where u can so things and then slide away from what you have done?
As far as I know, your not the conscience of TIDALFISH.
I was wrong. I admit it. BUt tha doesn 't trelieve you of NOT being the thought piolice of TIDALFISH.
WACKM N STACKM
Joseph B...aka...Ancienyt Mariner

Ancient Mariner
12-07-2005, 04:27 PM
Hi:
I used TIDALFISH in the wrong way. I thought I could put the shopw names into the body of a thread as a way of letting you all know what shows I'll be attending in 2006. FOR THAT, I WAS WRONG. OOUUCCHH!!
After I talked to Brandon, I now know where to put such info.
I am down here in Ponce inlet. I took a day off and went Flounder fishin on the north side of the inlet. I kept a few over 5 pounds and put the rest of the small fish back. Lots of 3-4 pounders. Thats from the surf.
I used Mack strips from eth side and from teh belly. the size of the strips were 5-6 inches long by 1/2 inch wide. I hooke each piece ONCE thru the fat end. The current really made them wiggle.
My buddy use live killies and wacked even bigger fish. The killie was an added bonus after he put a strip of Mack belly on first. Just thought youd like to know.
Northe east Florida on the east coast has a fbulous run of BIG flounder now. This run should go right thru January. If you get down here , Don't forget to bring a rod with you.
WACKM N STACKM

Bob H.
01-23-2006, 07:09 PM
Nice to meet you at the Marlboro show Joe. Since my buds cleaned up on all of the rods I'll have to get mine at Pasadena.

Ancient Mariner
01-24-2006, 10:01 AM
HI All:
Glad to put faces to tidlafish names. I hope you all had a good time.
More rods on the way.
WACKM N STACKM

Ancient Mariner
01-28-2006, 03:50 PM
HI Bob H:
You guys are a HOOT. nancy and I couldn't stop laughing long after you all left. THANKS for making my day !
I'll have a bunch at the Pasadena show, stop by.
Hope to meet more guys from this board then.
WACKM N STACKM

towenmann
03-22-2006, 04:15 PM
Press Release
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

George Gaines (202) 363-0437
Andrew Spence (703) 591-9700

31st NATIONAL CAPITAL ANGLING SHOW
NATIONAL CAPITAL CHAPTER OF TROUT UNLIMITED
SATURDAY MARCH 25, 2006

The National Capital Chapter of Trout Unlimited (NCC-TU) will hold its 31st National Capital Angling Show on Saturday March 25, 2006 from 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. at Landon School in Bethesda, Maryland. The show’s featured speaker will be Gary Borger, a noted author and one of the country’s leading fly-fishing experts, who will address “WHERE THE TROUT ARE,” and “PRESENTATION.” Additional panels will cover fly and light tackle fishing on the Chesapeake Bay, shad and striped bass fishing on the Potomac, and trout fishing in Maryland and Pennsylvania.

A featured exhibitor at this year’s Show is Project Healing Waters (PHW), sponsored by NCC-TU and the Federation of Fly Fishers. The Project offers wounded military personnel opportunities to learn or enhance their fly-fishing and fly-tying skills, and enjoy outings on local streams. PHW works with Walter Reed Army Medical Center to integrate these activities into individual rehabilitation plans.

There will also be fly-casting and fly-tying clinics, fly-tying demonstrations, a rod and reel swap, fishing guides, and representatives of fishing tackle and fly shops. Several raffles and a silent auction offer the chance to win fishing trips, equipment, and more.

Admission is $10.00; children 16 and under are free. Net proceeds from the Show are donated for local watershed restoration, conservation education, and conservation projects. Landon School is located at 6101 Wilson Lane in Bethesda. For additional information call 202-363-8900, or log on to the NCC-TU web site: www.ncc-tu.org.

###

31st NATIONAL CAPITAL ANGLING SHOW
NATIONAL CAPITAL CHAPTER OF TROUT UNLIMITED
SATURDAY MARCH 25, 2006

FACT SHEET

What: The National Capital Chapter of Trout Unlimited (NCC-TU) presents its 31st National Capital Angling Show. Proceeds benefit local watershed restoration, conservation education, and conservation projects.

When: Saturday, March 25, 2006 – 10:00 a.m.-5:30 p.m.

Where: Landon School, 6101 Wilson Lane in Bethesda, Maryland. Admission: adults $10, youth 16 and under free.

Featured speakers include: renowned fly-fishing authority GARY BORGER – “Where the Trout Are” and “Presentation,” local experts JIM CUMMINS, SANDY BURK, & MARK BINSTED – “Spring Runs of the Potomac: Exciting Fishing on America’s Wildest Urban River,” MIKE HECK, TOM BALTZ & DAVE ROTHROCK – “Pennsylvania’s Legendary Trout Streams,” CAPTS. MICHAEL CRITZER & TOM HUGHES – “Super Tips for Fly and Light Tackle Fishing the Chesapeake Bay and Coast,” and LARRY COBURN & CHARLIE GELSO –“Maryland Trout Fishing: Finding Some of the Best in Our Own Back Yard.”

Featured exhibitor: Project Healing Waters (PHW), sponsored by NCC-TU and the Federation of Fly Fishers. The Project offers wounded military personnel opportunities to learn or enhance their fly-fishing and fly-tying skills, and enjoy outings on local streams. PHW works with Walter Reed Army Medical Center to integrate these activities into individual rehabilitation plans.

Plus: Casting Clinics and Demos by Dave Rothrock, Kiki Galvin, Dusty Wissmath, Phil Gay, Frank LoPresti, and Tom Saddler ▪ Fishing Tackle & Fly Shops ▪ Fly Tying Demos ▪ Rod & Reel Swap ▪ State Fishing License Sales ▪ Bottle Raffle Prizes ▪ Grand Sweepstakes Prizes ▪ Silent Auction ▪ Fly Tying for Kids and Beginners ▪ Author’s Table: Book Sales and Autographing

Driving Directions: Landon School is just off River Road (Maryland Route 190).
From I-495 Capital Beltway: River Rd. exit south toward Washington, left onto Wilson Lane.

From NW Washington: (1) take River north, right on Wilson, or (2) take Wisconsin Ave. north to Bradley, turn left and take Bradley north to Wilson, make a left on Wilson and then a right into Landon School grounds and follow signs.

For further information call: 202-363-8900, or visit us on the web at: www.ncc-tu.org