Tidal Fish Forum banner

Nature's Fireworks

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  BrBauer 
#1 ·
I was at my farm Saturday evening when one of the thunderstorms rolled through. There was some pretty impressive lightning so I grabbed the camera and caught a few shots before the storm got too close.

All taken with Nikon D60 - 18-55VR Nikor Lens at 18mm, F8 at 5-sec. (no tripod - just handheld, so some of the ground detail isn't as sharp as possible)

See less See more
#4 ·
Awesome pics. That same lightning storm hit our shop in White Marsh about 7pm and lasted 1/2 hour. It was very tight and condensed almost tornado like. It was so bad I was even trying to think of a way to warn bay and river boaters between Balt and the Bush. It was that scary. They reported gusts up to 65mph and hail the size of pennies coming from owings mills, through Towson, Parkville, Perry Hall, White Marsh, Middle River, Harwood, and then across the bay to the Rock Hall area. It was small, it rolled in real fast but it was a bit brutal. Fifteen minutes later it was gone and the sun was back out with steam in the air.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.