View Full Version : WARNING BE AWARE

net
09-14-2005, 09:55 AM
[sad] I want to warn everyone in the fishing world on what is going on with some people who are using our web site to fraud our fellow members. It is ashame that honest people cannot take people at face value, but it is true and I have learned a very expense lesson[sad]. I posted a motor for sale on the Tidal fish web and someone was interested in it, so what I thought to be a sale it was not. They sent me 4 postal money orders for a total of 3800 hundred dollars and in turn I was to send 2000.00 to a shipper who was going to pick up the motor, instead they where frauds now I am out of 2000.00 I still have my motor but I am very shameful for being so trust worthy. So please if I can help someone else from this happening to them I wont be so upset with myself.

Thanks and please be aware for the crooks out there that are working at beating honest people like you and me.

Annette

hoot
09-15-2005, 09:58 AM
Net i hate to hear that.but you need to get in contact with your post master even if it was over the net i think it is still mail fraud.he might could get your money back for you and the shiper should not charge you the full amount if you didn't ship the motor.don't delete your emails that you had with him you may need the ip # to track this bum down.hope this helps

net
09-15-2005, 10:47 AM
Thanks Hoot, I have contacted the US Postal getting anything back is not looking good. The shipper was also involed with this scam. I was the FOOL!! But please if I can keep someone else from falling into this then it is a lesson well and costly learned.

Net

P.S I hope all good luck in the Regionals Steve and I wont be able to go now.[sad][sad]

PYSully
09-16-2005, 12:19 PM
Submit names to the board if you have them. You are not liable for any kind of slander if what you say is true or thought to be true. And if you know who they are. Publishing their IP # is usually Ok as well. Check this out with Admin. of this and any site. But I wold think they would also wish to protect the rest of their members as well.

net
09-16-2005, 03:23 PM
You got it, the name and the email address that this person is using, is Susan Slogan and the email is [email protected] and the other name is Victor Fredrick he is acting like he is the shipper so please, all beaware dont let this happen to no one else.

Net

BKH
09-26-2005, 09:00 PM
Am I missing something here? they sent you 3800 you spent 2000 your up 1800 and still have the motor?

What did I miss?

Larry and Peggy Jo
09-27-2005, 05:37 AM
Hey Brian, I think she left out 1 point, none of the money orders were any good.