View Full Version : Report on WIS-TV about Regional/Championship

Janette Rodgers
10-10-2005, 08:05 AM
If you would like to look at report shown on WIS-TV News about Regional/Championship Fishing Tournament at Lake Murray, go to www.wistv.com, click on News and video center on left side of screen, go down to third listing, "Angie Goff on couples fishing tournament on Lake Murray". Hope you do not have any trouble finding and enjoy it. If you do have a problem, get back in touch and I will try to help. Janette Rodgers

Dale and Ann
10-10-2005, 12:01 PM
Janette, we saw it early Saturday morning on WIS and it was a great story. We're so glad that Guys & Dolls are getting more exposure in the area. Ann

David and Stacy
10-10-2005, 08:48 PM
That was great. Not only for Guys and Dolls , but for the sport in general. Whoever put this together needs a BIG round of applause. Nothing but good things could come from exposure of that magnitude.[excited][excited][excited]

Johnnie & Glenda
10-19-2005, 07:45 AM
Couples enjoy the one that didn't get away at Lake Murray fishing tournament

(Lake Murray) Oct. 7, 2005 - Some couples got a chance to spend time together at Lake Murray Friday.

They hit the lake to compete in the nation's biggest couples fishing tournament. It's the ninth year the competition is in South Carolina. Forty-seven couples from eight different states spread out across 600 miles of shoreline.

WIS set out to find them. Terry Coursey was our tour guide and tournament director, "We've had several couples come to us and tell us we were the best marriage counselors in the world."

Terry takes us to one pair. Randy and Laura Duncan have spent the last five days with each other on the water, "I've had more fun fishing with her than I done anything else I've ever done."

Randy give Laura credit, "She's caught the biggest one in the last three days."

But we next ran into a pair from Florida ready to throw the reel in, "We're in 41st place." The Larsons could barely hold onto a bass, but admit it was more about time together on the boat.

So what's the big catch of the tournament? The winning couple walks away with a $40,000 bass fishing boat.

As for the losers, they leave with a little something too. Randy says, "It's only made us closer."

And after an hour, WIS finally met a match from South Carolina. Dennis "We started out just fishing as friends, but now we're engaged to get married. Going to get married in about a year."

Dennis and Kathy haven't had much luck on the lake. They were cut from the competition three days ago.

Terry says, "It'll either make 'em or break 'em. They'll either make up or come in and get a divorce, one or the other."

A couple from Georgia took home the grand prize.

Reported by Angie Goff

Posted 6:45pm by Chantelle Janelle