View Full Version : Wish a Fish

bucktales
01-22-2006, 12:53 PM
This looks like a great way to give to people in need, I'm interested in hearing from people who have done this....Was it well organized? Would you do it again? Any info would be great, I think this could be really cool for my son and I to participate in this summer.

PaPa Bear
01-23-2006, 06:17 PM
May want to post as an OT on the main board but yes it is a great organization and they do one Heck of a job.

J Lavender
01-24-2006, 08:59 AM
Agree with PaPa Bear. This forum is never used and yes it's a wonderful event. I have participated the last two years and plan to continue as long as there is an event.

You don't know which family you get until that morning but I put together a gift package for my guests.
I buy a rod/reel combo and small tackle box stocked with the essentials for the special child. I also a phone Grady White who donates a "goody bag"

Dae
01-26-2006, 11:41 AM
Just do it!

- Dae

fish22485
01-26-2006, 09:21 PM
Gentlemen a more noble thing you could not do! I wish to be included with anglers taking the time to do a little good, get em hooked now and perhaps you make a big difference. PLease let me know who what when where ............Bill Gimbel

J Lavender
01-27-2006, 10:49 AM
Bill, just check the website listed below for all the info you need.

www.wish-a-fish.org

bucktales
01-28-2006, 09:00 AM
Thanks for the response guys, I'll keep my ears open for this event...I'm sure there will be more discussion on the main boards closer to the actual date.

Steve F
01-31-2006, 11:40 AM
Hey Matt hows things going???? I can only tell you that I have been helping out with Wish-A-Fish for 4 years and boy I have a great time. It s fun to get a family that likes to fish and so far the ones that I have had love to fish and the kids are great. Last year I had 2 great familys and its always good to see the smile on the kids faces whe they are cathcing fish. If you would like to know any more about it just give me a call. They are always looking for guys to help out and I'm looking foward to this year.[excited]

Cell-240-674-0615

kptab3
02-09-2006, 03:00 PM
do they have this also in hampton roads in va.? sounds great we were sponosors of a kids organation party for 7 years and have recently gave up on it just got to disorganized it became no fun so we are looking to do some thing else and we have a 21ft wa seafox it would be great fun get back with me!

Dae
02-09-2006, 11:48 PM
kptab3,

I think in Va it's usually held in Newport News. I'm guessing that's not to far from Hampton Roads, so I hope you plan on volunteering. [wink]

- Dae