View Full Version : sunday at the tower

erikharwell
06-13-2005, 07:27 PM
I went diving at the tower yesterday and had a blast. my frends went freediving and I used scuba. my friends were saying the fish were down deep so I decided to go down to one of the cross bars and wait for them to come to me. I saw a school of spades swim by and shot, the spear line had been shortened because on our last dive we were only shooting fish a couple of feet away, so the spear reached the fish and stoped. I spent the next few minutes lengthening the line. I then decided to go one bar deeper and still didnt see any fish so I went a little deeper and found the bottom. there was good vis on the bottom and I saw lots of seabass, I looked further and found what looked like a very big tog hiding in a hole and I head shot him. I had about 1000 pounds left and decided to head back. it turned out to be a 7 pounder. I am going to eat him now. good luck everybody and go diving, BTW I was wearing a 3 mil without gloves or hood and was fine, its summer time.

Spearo
06-14-2005, 04:42 PM
Those Blacks are good eating when skinned. Back in the 70's I use to have an old 15ft. footer, several times we filled the boat floor three and four deep all with spear. LI Sound in the fall was thick with them, those were the days.[sad]