View Full Version : Hello Fellow Club Members!

Pages : [1] 2

Bill Michelinie
12-28-2005, 08:30 PM
Welcome to our club's little corner of the web! Brandon and Tom, the owners of this fine website, have been kind enough to set-up this message board for our use so they desserve a big thank you from all of us. THANK YOU Brandon and Tom! Yeah![excited]

We will be sending out some instructions on how to use this message board to all members in the next few days. Look for it in the e-mail where your next newsletter is attached.

I'm hopeful that we can use this service to keep in touch easier between club events and to better advance our stated mission of bringing interested saltwater anglers together, promoting the sport and helping to gain more knowledge of the sport, to freely exchange information between saltwater anglers, and to have fun using fly tackle. I think this message board will do that in a big way.

See you in 2006 and start posting and having fun here on our board home. Be sure to check out all of the wonderful features of TidalFish.com also.

Bill

Bill O
12-29-2005, 07:41 AM
Thanks to Bill M., Brandon & Tom for their efforts on the club's behalf.
OK, who's catchin'? [smile]

Sam Stump
12-29-2005, 09:29 PM
Glad to see that we now have a club forum!
It'll give me (and those like me) something to do during the cold cold winter.

FF Shows are coming up (that will kill a weekend), anyone going?

Sam

Bill Michelinie
12-29-2005, 10:12 PM
Hello Sam,

I'm glad you approve! It might take a few weeks for this board to get going because it just went live yesterday and will take some time to spread the word. The next newsletter, which will be going out in a day or so, will have an announcement as well as instructions on how to get registered on the TidalFish site (if you are on the e-mail list).

There is always a good size group of club members that go to Somerset on Friday. We will develop a list at the January meeting and I'm sure you could carpool with other members if you like. Let me know.

I know what you mean about the long cold winter. This board should make those fishless days more bearable!

Thanks for being one of our first posters!

Bill

The Old Man
12-30-2005, 07:16 AM
I'm not a member of the club, but I fish DE a few times per year and I like the idea of this board.

Bill, you know me as Big Bald Head from SOL....somebody already had "The Old Man" when I tried to register on SOL many moons ago.

Anway, welcome and congrats on the new board...I'll post reports when I fish DE, which will be rarely at best after the new kid arrives.

-- Doug

bardy
12-30-2005, 08:03 AM
Hello fellow members from the Northeast contingent. It's suppose to snow in Boston tomorrow night, so that should put a damper on First Day fishing.
Bill, I may be go to the Somerset show this year. If you are going, e-mail me.
Brian

Bill O
12-30-2005, 08:39 AM
Hey Brian,
Greetings! Hope Santa was good to you. We will definitely be going up to the Somerset show on Friday 1/27 and Bill M. and I (at least) will be going back up again on Sunday. You see, Bill has this thing about 2-handed rods...
I, on the other hand, am merely a spectator. I love watching it done and have even tried some overhand casting, but I leave that spey stuff in the hands of trained professionals - at least so far. [smile]
Bill O.

bardy
12-30-2005, 08:53 AM
Hi Bill
Santa was very good to me this year. I found a Renzetti Master Tying Vise under the tree on Christmas Morning. It's a beauty.
For all the members who don't know this, the organization that runs the Suffin,NY show has added a new show to end there season. It will be in Somerset, NJ on March 17-19 2006.
This show will be unique because it will be stricktly Salt Water.

Rick Bender
12-30-2005, 08:59 AM
Accolades and Gratitude to you all: Brandon, Tom, Bills M. & O.
Great move with the Board....Thank You All
Good Luck tomorrow Bill O. And A Happy new Year to all. Cheers
Rick

Bill Michelinie
12-30-2005, 09:39 AM
Hey Old Man/Big Bald Head, nobody can accuse you of being vain![grin] Thanks for telling me about the connection with your SOL screen name. Now I know you, or is that yous?

Brian, nice vise there. Your flies should set a whole new standard now so start practicing![wink]

Rick, thanks for the kind words. I think this "medium" is going to be a real asset to the club as well as other interested people who will hopefully join up. I will be joining Bill and Phil at Terry's this afternoon so wish me luck, too! As I told the other, I will be bowing at the graphite alter![excited]