View Full Version : Club meeting last night (Wednesday)

Bill O
01-12-2006, 09:34 PM
For those who couldn't make it to the meeting last night, you missed a good one. A club conclave for later this year was discussed along with fishing reports (yes, there are fish around - both fresh and salt) and Cap't. Darren Rickwood gave an outstanding slide presentation about fly fishing in the middle Chesapeake Bay. Mason had his usual display of tantalizing goodies and Terry Peach from A Marblehead Flyfisher in Centreville, DE brought down a handful of Bob Clouser's new book, which were quickly snatched up.
A good time was had by all.

don1
01-12-2006, 11:12 PM
Congrats on setting up this nice way to communicate Bill! Due to all the holiday's and duties around my house, I finally managed to register on this page. Hopefully, many of our members will also follow. Our club appears strong & with some luck and hard work we will succeed and continue as one of the most active SW fly fishing clubs on the mid-atlantic shores.

Bill Michelinie
01-13-2006, 09:06 AM
Yes, a very good meeting. Being someone that fishes mostly on the Chesapeake, I was very interested in what Capt. Darren Rickwood had to say. His guiding is done a little farther down the bay than I normally fish (keep my boat off the Chester River) but the techniques and flies he uses should work in my area. Thanks Darren! Super job.

Here is a link to the Captain's website, which I hope does not violate any rules about blantantly commercial posts. I think it is of general interest so here it is:

www.chesapeakebayadventures.com

I tried to post a picture of the meeting that Bill O. took but it didn't work. I'll try it again. This is my first attempt at posting a picture, so bear with me.[grin]

Bill Michelinie
01-13-2006, 09:23 AM
Here is my second try![wink]

Bill Michelinie
01-13-2006, 09:37 AM
Okay, I think I've got the hang of this now. Here is a shot Of Captain Darren Rickwood showing the group one of his excellent quality slides with his laptop and projector.

flies only
01-13-2006, 10:08 PM
bill could you e mail me a schedule. i really need to start coming to your meetings. i really enjoyed the one i went to.