View Full Version : Welcome Light Tackle Anglers - Introduce Yourself

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

GMCfish
09-09-2011, 08:07 PM
My name is Miles Suttle and I spend a lot of time fishing for all species with light tackle. I love fishing for specks, drum, and stripers with light tackle under 12 pound test and fly rods. I am an avid cobia hunter and love catching them with light tackle as well! I will try and give reports on these species soon. Hopefully will be speck'n soon the weather is getting RIGHT!

tacklemake
10-02-2011, 12:16 PM
My name is Woody and I own Maryland Tackle.I also have been fishing for over fifty years and making tackle for forty years.I love to fish,so I fish about three times a week and write reports on SRRKC fishing club on the Severn river in Maryland.The light tackle I make catches fish and here is some pictures.............woody:bigfish::yes::thumbup:: clapping2::photo4::fishing2::cowboy:

PS we caught 119 fish that day

lubbernomo
10-02-2011, 04:54 PM
My name is Mike and although I've lived along the Chesapeake (Beard's Creek off the South River) for 10+ yrs now I just stowed the clubs and bought my first fishing boat in August. Can't claim to be a strictly LT fisherman - or anything else for that fact - though a recent WO LWT charter out of Solomon's got me "hooked" enough to start outfitting my boat with light rigs. My previous SW fishing experience has been summer OBX gulf stream charters, and then way back in the 70s as crew aboard family/friend's boats trolling LI Sound, Montauk & BI. So, after a LONG break (and now at 50+) I'm having fun learning to captain, and loving the notion of SW fishing on light gear!

Tips, advice, critique welcome... and if you're near the South River interested in fishin, albeit with a newbie, give me a shout.

tacklemake
11-17-2011, 02:55 AM
I'm tacklemake or woody and I own Maryland tackle.I make a lot of lite tackle because I don't just make it Iuse it all the time and if you want some send me a private message and I will get back to you................woody

oldfart
12-03-2011, 05:41 AM
I'm Kirk. been fishing the Bay since the mid 40's, live in Calvert County

TomGlenBurnie
12-16-2011, 04:38 PM
Greetings, My name is Tom Granger TomGlenBurnie
I have been fishing, since I was a little stinkybutt boy.

I remember trolling the bay, when all you could hope to catch was Blues.

My Unkle Jim took me when I was 14, to magothy R, where they rented boats.
[ Near that bar shooters on rt 2 ], Jim live lined a big purty minnow, and
let her run into the weeds.

Jim was whispering, just keep quiet tommy,
they can hear your feet and your voice.

Jim lit a camel, and it was like he had lit
the fuse on a stick of dynamite.

The weeds exploded , there was a flipping beast in there.
Jim fought the chain pickeral for what seemed like a long time.
I'll never forget it, 26" prehistoric chain pickeral,
prettiest thing you ever saw.
That was the king of the river : Majestic

When i was very small, I fished a tidal salt water pond in rivera beach.
I used to catch sunnies pumpkinseed in their breeding nests.
I was fly fishing, but did not know it... muddy feet, angry mother.

I want to learn to jig up some rockfish. I live and work on Patapsco river.

thanks, tom g.

BBCroaker
01-08-2012, 08:50 PM
As my board name indicates I used to bottom fish for croakers and anything else that would bite on sqidd or bloodworms or shrimp but now I light tackle fish out of my kayak.Not very good ad it yet buy I'm going to keep practicing as long as I can. Love it and some days I get skunked bit I just say had a good paddle.When I do catch a fish its just a plus to the "nice paddle"! Life is good!:fishing2::thumbup:

dave00100
05-24-2012, 01:06 PM
Hi, my name is Dave. I spin and fly light tackle mainly for largemouth, smallies, black crappie, brooks, browns, bows, shad, rockfish, grouper, snapper, baracuda, tarpon, permit, and bonefish. I handline low test for grouper, snapper, baracuda, tarpon, permit, and bonefish. I have always fished light tackle because its more fun. Tight lines to all.

Dave

Irish Jim
11-07-2012, 04:51 AM
Hi there!

I'm a light tackle boat angler from Cork in Ireland! Bass (European not striped) are my primary target and thereafter anything that will take a lure.
I fished recently with an American friend (Bottom Knocker) here in Ireland. I was delighted to learn that there are even more than I thought doing the same thing Stateside. So, here to pick up on the American experience and to pass anything of use from our side of the atlantic.
Later,
Jim

11-07-2012, 10:06 PM
Whats up yall, My name is Billy, I grew up in norther (redneck) Fl fishn for specks, reds , hybrid bass exc.. anything that bends a rod. Reds and Specks are my favorite. Did some spearfishing for awhile around here but nothing compares to a big red on light tackle. Typically I pick up my bow in the fall but this year Im gonna stick to fishn the colder months.
Im really lookin forward to the stripers this fall, I mainly stick around Gloucester area (marshes). But this year I have been branching out to elizabeth river, HRBT. Dont really know alot about striper fishing but I plan on learning all I can.