View Full Version : Dodge Durango Series Thread

Brandon
10-31-2010, 02:05 PM
This thread is to talk about the pros and cons of the Dodge Durango series for towing

Brandon
11-01-2010, 03:16 PM
I have a 1999 Dodge Durango 5.3 liter SLT with the tow and offroad package and third seat with 180,000 miles. For a medium sized SUV its been great. I towed my Parker 21SE all along the east coast with it with no problem. The engine has enough kick to pull out in heavy traffic and accelerate and braking has been good. Some people have had problems with the transmissions on the Durango, but I have been lucky enough not to have any problems. My wife also used it to pull her two horse trailer and never had a problem with two horses in it. Frankly, I love the truck. It is big enough to pull and small enough that if you go into the city you can fit in the garages.

The only draw back on the truck has been that the heater is not great, it does not put out enough heat. I had the dealer check it out when I first got it and they said it was just how it was designed and they admitted it stunk. They may have fixed it in the new editions, but I am not sure.

In the mid sized SUV I would say its a great bet. I am in the market for a new SUV and will probably not get another one for no other reason then I do not like the new body style, I think they look like mini vans now and that is not my style.