View Full Version : Judge Yachts 27 Chesapeake..

Pages : [1] 2

iFishMD
11-08-2010, 07:41 AM
The Judge Yachts 27 Chesapeake is truly the ulitmate trailerable Sport Utility Boat. Whether you are fishing, cruising from port to port, diving, etc., the large open and level deck can be laid out to meet the needs of any boater. With the standard extended top, the boat offers pleanty of shade and protection from the weather for the entire crew while offering a good area for the storage of kayaks or even a small dinghy. Her classic lines with the forward helm allow for a large open cockpit that would satisfy even the most serious fisherman. Overnighting also is not a problem with the v-berth and area for a potti in the cabin. The warped-plane hull with its big bow, lots of flare, and shallow draft makes the 27 Chesapeake at home offshore yet capable of accessing shallow creeks and flats areas. Though she can be powered with twins, this vessel is capable of speeds exceeding 40mph and offers an economical cruise of over 3mpg with a single v6 fourstroke outboard. All Judge Yachts are constructed of the finest wood-free composite materials and come with a lifetime warranty against rot. Please call today for your demo of the ultimate trailerable sport utility boat!

Judge Yachts 27 Chesapeake
Centerline: 26' 4" (without bracket or pulpit)
Beam: 8' 10"
Draft w/outboard: 17"
Approx. weight: 4500 lbs
Std. Fuel capacity: 110gal
Max rec hp: twin 175 Suzuki or single 300 Suzuki

Special pricing package includes:

Full transom with Armstrong bracket
225hp Honda or Suzuki outboard
Opening front and side windows
trim tabs
raw water washdown
bow rail
100 gal transom fishbox
much more

Discounts are also being offered on addtional options and customizations..

ORDER YOUR BOAT TODAY TO GET THE BEST DEAL OF THE YEAR!!!!!!!!

Please call today to discuss a boat that meets all your needs. Direct 410.533.1435 or email at [email protected]

http://www.judgeyachts.com/27chesapeake_outboard/images/27SHUTE3.jpg

BigWillJ
12-06-2010, 08:28 AM
The Judge Yachts 27 Chesapeake is truly the ulitmate trailerable Sport Utility Boat....

....Beam: 8' 10"..... ????

A nice looking craft at what appears to be a competitive price.....does it come with a lifetime unlimited towing permit?

Just saying.

iFishMD
12-06-2010, 01:59 PM
my boat is 8'6" from my measurements and I have towed from NJ to VA without one issue.

Judge also offers a short top for those that want less cover and more cockpit space.. Here is a boat currently in production that is going to S. Jersey to fish DE Bay

flycatcher
12-12-2010, 08:00 PM
Judge's info shows 8' 6" beam for 27 CC but 8' 10" beam for the Chesapeake. Misprint, different molds, or something on the superstructure? I see older 27 Chesapeakes on the market listed as having 8' 6" beams. Did the molds get changed in the past 8 years?

iFishMD
12-13-2010, 03:50 AM
Judge did redo the molds a number of years ago. I believe the orginal 27's were said to be 8'4" beam. Currently the 27cc and the 27Chesapeake are the same molds. The top deck widens the boat slightly on the Chesapeake.

Call Bill Judge to discuss futher if you have any questions. 410.479.9770 or [email protected]

Mackey
12-21-2010, 12:49 PM
????

A nice looking craft at what appears to be a competitive price.....does it come with a lifetime unlimited towing permit?

Just saying.

8' 10" is totally illegally towable, even thru the CBBT.

Shore Thing
12-22-2010, 09:50 AM
Mackey, I think you mean legally towable?

iFishMD
12-25-2010, 07:52 AM
According to the MD law:

Width
measurement is exclusive of safety and energy conservation devices, such as side mirrors,
turn signal lamps, marker lamps, steps and handhold for entry and egress, flexible fender
extensions, mudflaps and spray suppressant devices, and load induced tire bulges; providing
the equipment or devices other than mirrors, does not extend more than three inches on each
side of the vehicle beyond the statutory width limitation.

The rubrail is just over 2" on each side making up a total of 4" or so. Therefore the boat itself has a beam of 8'6" with the rubrail making up the entire Judge stated 8'10" beam. The Rubrail is a "safety bumper". Thus, the 27 Chesapeake is legally towable.

iFishMD
12-29-2010, 12:19 PM
To further clarrify.. The Judge 27 Chesapeake is 100% legally trailerable on Maryland highways with the exception of a few roads where the max width is stated to be 96", such as the harbor tunnel. Please see page 86 under the SHA Motor carrier handbook here: http://www.sha.maryland.gov/OOTS/motorcarrierhandbook.pdf
(Even awnings on travel trailers are exclusive of the 102" as long as they do not extend more than 6" for a total of 9'.) If any Judge 27 owners would like a copy of the confirming email I received from the State Hwy Admin, please send me an email at [email protected]

Mackey
01-04-2012, 04:51 PM
Mackey, I think you mean legally towable?

Absolutely correct Shore Thing. Should have been "legally"