View Full Version : A couple of bird images

rinky.dink
01-07-2011, 07:55 PM
The Barred Owl was taken yesterday deep in the woods behind Devils Den at Gettysburg National Military Park. The Eagle was taken below Conowingo Dam.

Rumbley
03-04-2011, 05:14 PM
Great shots!! Love the eagle..Love 'em all!! What is the last bird?? Robin?? What kind of camera. I live adjacent to Fairmount Wildlife Area and want to get started taking photos.

rinky.dink
03-05-2011, 06:50 PM
Rumbley, thanks for looking and the nice comments. The bird you asked about is a Rufous-sided Towhee.
I shoot with a Canon EOS 40D body with Tamron 200-500mm glass for most of my bird photos. I'm lucky in a way because I have a large flock of Turkeys within close range of my home in southern PA, so I spend lots of time following them around.
Heres a few I hope you might enjoy.
Wayne B.

SLAPHAPPY SNATCHSLAPPER
03-22-2011, 09:21 PM
great shots how far out are those turkeys .

rinky.dink
03-23-2011, 07:31 PM
The turkeys were not really that far away. As luck would have it there was a large flock (22 birds) that were roosting in a tree every night at my sonís farm. I just set up a hide and waited for them to stroll by on their way to roost. I have a saved image of them roosting in the tree just before dark that Iíll try to find and post. Looked like a tree full of buzzards. Not the most graceful bird Iíve ever seen trying to settle on a tree branch. More like a controlled crash is how I would describe what I saw.

smells like fish
07-20-2011, 09:25 AM
Love all of those pics!

GMCfish
09-09-2011, 08:04 PM
some nice longbeards