View Full Version : Trip to Belize - El Pescador Resort

shoot-straight
03-29-2011, 10:47 AM
Short version-

it felt strange, when we left baltimore it was 75 deg here. we came home to snow...

Had a blast! caught dozens of small bones on the fly, spent one day chasing permit around, saw some, but i couldnt close the deal. our guide was great! and very patient with my wife's first saltwater fly experience. got some huge cudas on a tube lure with the spinner too. el pescador was super, staff was amazing, rooms were spotless, meals were good, but dinner was only "ok". not like it was bad, just not up to par with everything else, which was amazing. it certainly would not keep me from, going back, or reccomending it highly. we spent 3 days fishing and 3 days diving.

PS book with orvis travel, it doesnt cost you a dime, and you wont regret it! jason elkins is one of the best in the business!

feel free to PM me with any questions.

Brett

Hillbilly Boater
03-29-2011, 03:02 PM
Man that's sweet. Belize is high on my list of places to visit. Thanks for the report and pictures. Those palms make me warm just looking at them.

uncle phill
03-29-2011, 03:33 PM
The Belikin beer is pretty good too! 46 more days and counting down...

27 sailfish
03-29-2011, 04:57 PM
Got to love diving in clear , warm water - looks like you had a great time , congrats.

shoot-straight
03-30-2011, 07:26 AM
Got to love diving in clear , warm water - looks like you had a great time , congrats.

skip, it was the best diving we had done except for tahiti. 100' viz + and lots of big stuff, sharks, turtles, mantas and such.

only downside was getting out, there was a big swell on the reef break all week. 5-6' sometimes up to 8-9' in the pass. very bumpy.

Brandon
03-30-2011, 08:32 AM
Hey Brett

Sounds and looks like a great trip!! Thanks for putting together the report and pics:rockingreport::photo4::yes:

bbarniea
03-30-2011, 10:24 AM
Ambergris Caye, Belize is paradise. Friendly locals, warm weather, and amazing fresh local food! We went there on our honeymoon in 2007. My wife and I are avid divers and had some great scuba experiences there. That reef is truly unique. Glad to hear you had fun.