View Full Version : Bobwhite Quail

rinky.dink
07-28-2011, 08:06 PM
Living in the foothills of southwest central Pa does have many advantages for an amateur wildlife photographer want–to-be like myself. We are sandwiched between 100 acres of corn in the front and another 100 acres of beans and hay in the back. In between the sandwich of grain and hay is maybe 40 acres of second growth trees mostly cedars, oaks, ash, and heavy undergrowth. Wildlife is very abundant and with everyday Mother Nature throws in a few surprises. Lately a couple doe have been hanging around with two fawns that we enjoy watching play on the lawn. On one occasion several years ago while building a small barn/shed a large covey of Quail dropped by for several weeks to eat berries off the evergreens. After awhile they got accustom to me being around with the camera. Below are just a few images I managed to get while it lasted. I haven’t heard or seen them since.

Wayne B.

Joe Bruce
07-28-2011, 11:11 PM
Really nice Wayne. I haven't been doing much photography, but I have bben doing a lot of fishing. Three to four days a week.

rinky.dink
07-29-2011, 07:13 AM
Hi Joe, thanks. Means a lot coming from you. Missed you on the creek shad fishing the last several years. We had some great times on the river in that little tin boat catching shad. Will never forget that one foggy morning at daybreak when you caught that regular grade rock on the fly rod and a bass popper. Sorry I sold my boats, but that’s another story.
Take care my friend and keep in touch.
Wayne B.

Don Hershfeld
07-29-2011, 10:27 AM
I heard, and then a day or two later saw a bobwhite at our place here in Garrett County. It had been at least forty years since I recognized their song. Nice pics.