View Full Version : Fishing Expo - Hampton Convention Center - Feb. 1-3rd - Whose Going??

Pages : [1] 2 3

lmontagnaj
01-02-2013, 01:42 PM
Captain Kevin has moved the show to the southside in Hampton this year. I think it's a start of many GREAT SHOWS to come. Definitely affordable and is full of almost anything fishing, boats, rods, reels, tackle, trailers, electronics, fishing seminars, etc.

Also, Mark Davis of Penn Big Water Adventures will be on hand all weekend, sharing his knowledge and giving fishing seminars.

Whose In???

CaptWil
01-02-2013, 01:53 PM
Lucian,

Didn't you host Mark Davis on Fishin Fool a while back? You know me, I'll be going.

Will

lmontagnaj
01-02-2013, 02:07 PM
Lucian,

Didn't you host Mark Davis on Fishin Fool a while back? You know me, I'll be going.

Will

Will
i did, the show is scheduled to air in a couple of weeks on the outdoor channel. His Tropic Star shows start this weekend and from the footage I saw, it's bad to the bone!

ill see you before the show.. It's time to hook a Monsta!

Mike Avery
01-02-2013, 02:23 PM
What are the topics?

Jet Ski Brian
01-02-2013, 03:22 PM
Sounds good to me! Plus a lot closer than Richmond.

MASWFE
01-02-2013, 04:03 PM
Mark Davis will be talking about any aspect of saltwater fishing. Kayak Kevin will be talking about kayak fishing. Dave and Josh have offshore covered. Mark Lozier is covering inshore. Ryan and Tommy are covering surf fishing.

Mike Avery
01-02-2013, 04:28 PM
Those are topics are very broad. Doesn't really give me much of a clue.

MASWFE
01-02-2013, 04:47 PM
I leave it up to Mark he lets the crowd dictate the topic. Capt Dave and Josh are talking about offshore for tuna billfish etc. Dave is talking about running the boat and Josh is talking about running the pit baits etc all the way to the gaff. Kevin talks about how to fish from a kayak and how to outfit your kayak. Mark talks mainly about trout, flounder, puppy drum etc. Tommy and Ryan talk about how where, when to fish for different fish from the surf. Hope that helps you

- - - Updated - - -

All the speakers have booths and will talk to you about anything that you have a question about as we'll.

Mike Avery
01-02-2013, 05:04 PM
I leave it up to Mark he lets the crowd dictate the topic. Capt Dave and Josh are talking about offshore for tuna billfish etc. Dave is talking about running the boat and Josh is talking about running the pit baits etc all the way to the gaff. Kevin talks about how to fish from a kayak and how to outfit your kayak. Mark talks mainly about trout, flounder, puppy drum etc. Tommy and Ryan talk about how where, when to fish for different fish from the surf. Hope that helps you

- - - Updated - - -

All the speakers have booths and will talk to you about anything that you have a question about as we'll.

That helps, thank you. Just a suggestion as the date gets a closer, perhaps refine the topics a little more. I'm interested in tuna for sure but is it YFT, BFT, Blackfin, Bigeye, etc. I assume they will talk trolling but what about jigging, popping and chunking. How about the night bite? Mako and Thresher talks would be cool too. Maybe even swordfish, day and/or night? Deep dropping? Wreckfishing? Mahi bailing? Wahoo? Info on SST and chloro would be great too. Offshore safety, electronics, gear, tackle, rigs, etc, etc. I'm sure each one of these can be discussed for hours.

Getaway
01-02-2013, 05:37 PM
What is the entry cost to be?