View Full Version : Raymarine e80

Coastal1
07-24-2013, 03:27 PM
Just got offered a Raymarine E80 for 400 bucks, it has the GPS antenna, no cable, and transducer box, no transducer. Is that a good deal, it looks like a nice unit. Thanks. R/Chip.

Rubinater
07-24-2013, 10:18 PM
The monitor is worth double that if it working properly. The DSM or transducer box as you called it is worth $2-300 depending on where it was made & condition its in.

Roger
"Crack Of Dawn"
Scout 280 Sport fish

Coastal1
07-30-2013, 08:04 AM
It's a DSM 300 not sure where it was made. Supposed....to work. I'm going to have the system bench tested if possible before I go and buy all the cables. I was directed to Troy at Trident Marine. Maybe they will have cables and be able to test it. I emailed them but have not gotten a response. Thanks for the input Rubinator, I've seen the units on Ebay for 800-1200 so I thought it was a good deal too. R/Chip.

mrobertson
07-31-2013, 10:33 AM
Just for comparison sake last april on craigslist i bought :

e80
dsm 300
125 gps antenna
4kw 24 mile analog raydome
all associated cabling

All of it was new old stock, never used. Cost me $1600 and i thought that was a steal of a deal.

Raymarine still services the units. For $400 it's worth it to buy even if you have to send it back for repair.

CaptWil
10-12-2013, 02:26 PM
Chip,
Raymarine had an "unofficial" recall (what I would call it) on the DSM-300 that were made in Mexico. If you contact them with the serial number (on the back of the DSM) they will replace it FREE with one made in Hungary. You'll have to pay shipping to New Hampshire but that's it. They'll send you a new unit and the cables.
I seem to remember when I talked to the Raymarine Rep he asked if the serial number had a "G" in it. Mine was "E" something and also marked as manufactured in Mexico. I told him some of the issues I've had with it. They replaced it free in two weeks. CRAZY good customer service after more than seven years in the boat. I've heard a lot of online comments about loyal brand "X" systems but I never heard of any of the others replacing units which cost upwards of $800 new, for free, after many years.
I believe Mike Avery was the one who posted the original TF topic. Search Mike's profile page for the post or scroll through the Virginia Fishing Forum or Mid-Atlantic Offshore Forum for it. It's a couple of months old.

Wil