View Full Version : Muff diver charters, ocean city, md - february newsletter & open boat info

Muff Diver
02-13-2014, 04:33 PM
2/13/2014 - Muff Diver February Newsletter

Hello all you anglers. How about that Super Bowl? It turned quite differently than what I expected. I felt that Seattle would win but not by that score. Looks like Seattle will be tough to beat in the near future.

Our phones have started ringing about charters for the coming season. If you have some special dates that you’d like to reserve please give me a call (800-243-0342) or E-mail me ([email protected]) to book your preferred dates.

Remember that we do put together “make up” parties. So if you have a couple of people lined up and a date that you’d like to fish – let me know and we will work to get the other anglers to fill the open seats – let me know the date you want to fish and how many anglers you have – we’ll go from there.

Some tournament news:

Mako Mania, June 6-7&8, fish 2 out of 3 days. Cost is $1200 per person and this includes boat, tackle, bait, entry fee and Calcutta’s. Does not include food, drink, fish cleaning and mate’s tip. 1 angler committed - 5 spots available.
Tuna Tournament[/COLOR], July 11-12&13, fish 2 out of 3 days. No spots available.
NEW Big Fish Classic, [/COLOR]July 26&27, over-night fishing tournament 32 hours of continuous fishing. Fishing starts at 7am on the 26th and lines out of the water at 3pm on the 27th. Cost is $1400 per person and this includes boat, tackle, bait, entry fee and Calcutta’s. Does not include food, drink, fish cleaning and mate’s tip. New and exciting tournament!!!
2 anglers signed on - 4 spots available..
White Marlin Open[/COLOR], August 2 thru 8th, fish 4 out of 7 days. Cost is $5200 per person and that includes everything, boat, bait, tackle, food, drink, entry fee, Calcutta’s and mate’s tip.
5 anglers signed on - 1 spot available.

Remember, we have moved to the Ocean City Fishing Center and are in slip B-15. In case you did not hear, we have added a “green-stick” (actually it is a “pink-stick” now) to our fishing armory. Boats that had them last year had great results - so now we have one!!

Ryan asked me to go over the fishing in Ocean City - a good idea!

May & June - Sharking and Yellowfin Tuna, Bluefin Tuna show up towards the end of June. Deep dropping for Tile fish and Black Sea Bass (if season is open for BSB) is good.
July - Bluefin Tuna usually in good numbers and size. Sharks & Yellowfin are still around. Big Eye Tuna, Dolphin and Billfish start showing up in some numbers. Bluefin normally are gone by the end of July. Deep dropping is still good. Overnight trips are good to do from July thru Oct.
August - Billfish in good numbers especially White and Blue Marlin. Dolphin, Tuna and Sharks are still around and Wahoo show up. Deep dropping is still good. Overnight trips are good.
September thru October - Billfish, Tuna, Dolphin, Shark and Wahoo are still plentiful, especially Wahoo’s. As the water cools the Billfish & Dolphin start to disappear. The fall is the Wahoo’s time of year in Ocean City. Deep dropping for Tile fish is still going strong. Swordfish fishing starts to get good in mid to late October – over-night trips.

Ryan, our mate/captain, is mating on the “Blood Money” this winter. They are in Cancun, Mexico fishing for Sailfish. The season seems to off to a good start. The last numbers I heard from him was a couple of weeks ago when they were raising 25 to 30 Sail fish a day catching 17 to 21. If you have an interest to fish down there give him a ring at 443-848-2260 I feel sure they have a couple of days available.

Wayne, our owner, captain, mate, is working hard at Kitty’s Flowers getting ready for Valentine’s Day. I think that Valentine and Mother’s Day are the two busiest days of a Florist’s life. Wayne and I will start working on the tackle and boat soon while our number one mate is vacationing in Cancun. Sure hope this cold goes away soon.

I‘ve been playing with the grandkids, Grandma, watching football and getting ready for the NASCAR season. I got word a couple of weeks ago that one of the long-liners I know had a good catch of Swords, Mako and 2 big eye tuna in 200 to 300 fathoms south of the Norfolk. Sure hope that is a good sign of things to come. I am doing some fishing shows helping Ken Lahr of Reel Draggin Tackle. The shows that are coming up are Annapolis MSSA 2/22 at Annapolis Elks Lodge # 622, Annapolis Md 21401, 3/1 at Lake Shore Vol Fire Dept 4498 Mountain Road Pasadena, Md 21122, and 3/29&30 at Southern Md MSSA Solomons Firehouse 13150 H.G. Truman Rd, Solomons, MD 20688. We have Bay and Ocean fishing tackle for sale. Rods, reels, shads, tandem rigs, daisy chains, umbrella rigs, spreader bars, green machines, squid, birds, hooks, swivels, Salt-Away and much more – COME SEE US!!!

DON’T FORGET – ANYONE WANTING US TO WORK ON “MAKE UP or OPEN CHARTER” TRIPS – LET US KNOW!!! GIVE US THE DATE AND NUMBER OF ANGLERS YOU HAVE SO WE WILL KNOW HOW MANY ANGLERS WE WILL NEED TO SOLICIT!!! REMEMBER IT WILL NOT BE LONG NOW!!! Captain Joe Riley & crew !! Captain Joe's number 800-243-0342
[/COLOR]