View Full Version : Muff Diver March Newsletter & Open Boat Info

Muff Diver
03-18-2014, 11:55 AM
3/18/2014 – Muff Diver March Newsletter
Hi Everyone. The season is getting closer and the crew has “ants in the pants” raring to go fishing – can’t wait to use our new “pink-stick”.
Muff Diver has committed to fishing in the “Big Fish Classic Tournament”. This looks to be a FUN new tournament. We plan on doing an overnight version – fishing for 32 hours – unless we happen to catch a really large fish the first day. If we do, we would go back to weigh it in for the daily big fish prize as well as for the entire tournament. Then we would turn around and go back out to sea to continue fishing. Go to www.bigfishclassic to read up on the tournament – it has a really neat FUN format. We are doing a “make up” charter group and have 2 anglers signed on so far – we are looking for 4 more anglers. The cost is $1400 per person and that includes the boat rental, entry fee, some Calcutta’s – the anglers will need to bring what they want to eat and drink. This is going to be a good tournament and we are offering a great price to participate in it.
Ryan has made it home from Cancun yesterday. He has a couple of days off before returning to Florida to re-join the “Blood Money”. They are planning to go to the Bahamian Islands for a month or so, then on to Charlestown, SC, then up to Oregon Inlet, NC finally arriving in Ocean City the first of June.
Wayne and I are starting to ready the boat for the coming season. We will be splashing the boat on the third of May. Our first trip is the 15th.
I have been watching the warm water edge in the canyons. The weather has been so bad that we have not really gotten good shots of the areas that we fish but from time to time we do. The last good shot showed good water outside of the Washington – I’d say 90 to 100 miles at this time. It showed a good edge and I’m sure that the tuna were there. Hopefully in May the water will push in to around 60 miles from the sea buoy – good striking distance.
Still looking for anglers for the following tournaments:
Mako Mania – June 6 thru 8th
Big Fish Classic – July 26 & 27
White Marlin Open – August 4 thru 8th
Call me for additional details. 1-800-243-0342
We are taking reservations for regular trips and “Open Boat” or “Make Up” trips. Call me if you have something on your mind. Take care and stay warm, Captain Joe

Rekka
03-19-2014, 03:39 PM
Sounds good.

Rekka
04-14-2014, 09:19 AM
April newsletter and update?