Tidal Fish Forum banner

Built my First Bar...

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  bucktales 
#1 ·
Well seems my spread could use a couple of Spreader bars so i ordered one from Stalker then enough squids in a different color and replicated their rigging.Saved $30 on the replica I made. I can see advaNtages in building some interesting custom spread layouts soon. There are many Squid brands out there and I am New at this I see real nice Realism and fair prices from Ocean Lure concepts.Gonna try the New Sea Strikers also and will evaluate.Got a bunch of bars and Squids till the Weather breaks to put together.Watched a Tred/Barta show yesterday and seemed All his Tunas were on Bars that day he filmed.Good luck and tight lines.Ahh Winter is almost over.

First pic is of the Professional model and 2nd is my replica.

PS: These are FAR in comparison to a Jimmy Bar...:)Except No substitution.

See less See more
#2 ·
Sling, I'm getting ready to put together a few squid chains and I'm considering adding small swivel at the end so I can change the hooked bait quickly. How much line do you leave between the swivel and the last lure? I'm guessing you use a very small swivel and crimp the terminal end to it?

#4 ·
Yeah, I put the snap swivel in the skirt of the last non-hooked bait. Use a bead in front of the crimped swivel to prevent it from pulling through the skirt. Crimp a loop with chafe protection on teh hook bait leaders - all of the hardware is hidden the skirt. This allows you to swap hook baits and vary the length between the last teaser and the hook bait if you want.

#8 ·
Sling and Darren, I'm going to make a few of these today and try them out in HI at the end of the month..I'll let you know how it works out for me.
If anyone else is interested we have 3 boats heading down the last weekend in April....bmail me if you're interested so we can hook up down there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.