View Full Version : Cell phone Radar

Capt.Nick
07-20-2006, 06:49 PM
What do yoyu guys know about Cell Phone Radar?There was a post with a pitcha of a cell phone that was transposed into a Radar screen by I believe Capt,Mike Sterret,awile back .Nextell & another cell provider were the names.He claimed it was like $5 a mo.extra.

Hillbilly Boater
07-20-2006, 07:05 PM
Capt. Nick. I have Verizons cell phone radar. Great for the bay where you have cell service. It's no good offshore because there is a great lack of cell towers out there.

TerpHeels
07-20-2006, 08:49 PM
What is it's intended purpose, to show approaching storm cells? I'm sure it won't show me that CC 1/4 mile in front of me in the pea soup.

On The Line
07-20-2006, 09:08 PM
Weather radar. I had it and used it whenever i was on the water and any kind of weather was looming on the horizon and I loved it. since then my company provides my cell phone and it's not verizon[sad] and not even compatible with any other type of service. It was surprisingly accurate too.

funofitfarm
07-20-2006, 09:29 PM
ive got the verizon version and use it all the time while fishing the bay,great to see any weather moving in on you,not much help offshore due to losing signal out past the third lump,about 8-10 miles.well worth the 5 bucks a month extra