Tidal Fish Forum banner
C

Reaction score

Marketplace Rating
(0.0 - 0 reviews)

Profile posts Latest activity Discussions Buy & Sell Reviews About

• · Registered
    2,125 Posts
    Rich January-March is prime time for Sails and Tarpon on the East coast of Florida and the kites are the best way to catch them. They also like it windy with lots of current so you need to get lucky weather wise. Where are you planning on fishing? I fish for them with the same set up as I do for Stripers Shimano Stella 3000 St Croix Legend 6'8" MXF. Most guys fish much heavier. That set up will handle a 7' Sail easy with a good captain. Talk about numerous runs they will work you out and a real blast on that tackle. I had 14 Sails in one day with Bouncer and came close to breaking his boat record. Around 3:30 he asked if I wanted to go inshore for some Tarpon:)) Now those fish will bust your ass on light tackle and I tried that a few times also with mixed success.

Warmest regards,

· Registered
    442 Posts
    I fish alot, but don't post much. I never seem to remember to bring a camera. Like to jig and live bait fish. I have a 23 Grady on a lift in the Magothy and a 17 seahunt on a trailer. I have been teaching and coaching for the last 38 years and hope to retire this June. Looking for some guys that like to fish and want to share expenses or switch off boats. Send me an email if interested. Rich Jenkins
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…