Chesapeake Beach Rod and Reel Club - YOUR BELONGINGS NOT SAFE IN THIER PARKING LOT - Blogs - Fishing Forums Saltwater Fishing Fly Fishing and Fishing Reports
View RSS Feed

cindie

Chesapeake Beach Rod and Reel Club - YOUR BELONGINGS NOT SAFE IN THIER PARKING LOT

Rate this Entry
Hello fellow fisherman and women. Thought i would let you all know that your vehicle or boat is NOT SAFE at Chesapeake Beach Rod and Reel marina. Our Truck was parked overnight at the Rod and Reel Club in Chesapeake Beach, MD when somehow our entire cooler disappeared with our daily catch an a few donated fish overnight. Security along with the owner of the establishment Mr. Fred Donahue have no explanation and say nothing shows on there security cameras. Security says he seen nothing and the owner says its distorted and not clear. When i asked which is it did they see someone or not, he stated he couldn't answer that.

What a crock! With it parked 20 feet from the tackle shop with a camera shooting right on the truck and you seen nothing. The lot is well lit up all night and there are 2 security trucks that drive around constantly. DO NOT TRUST ANYTHING left in the back of your truck and keep all doors locked. We stayed in the suite for two nights prior to the theft for our 18 year anniversary and opening day of Rockfishing. What a horrible experience after the past 10 years or more of keeping our boat there for 2 Months each spring. We have never had anything stolen from our vehicle or Boat. I would not trust your electronics or anything you don't want stolen. Because in that town they simply don't care.
After i told him i would be at the MSSA meeting this evening where all my fellow fisherman are going to ask me what the outcome was he changed his mind and offered me a discount on a slip. BIG deal. It doesn't replace a hard day of fishing and the dissapointment of going home with no fish... and the amount of money we dropped on the suite for 2 nights. We are rethinking where we will keep our boat next year along with many of our friends.
I hope no one has to experience what we did.
Cindie

Comments

Cindie very sorry to hear thieves are alive & well, sorry to say I don't think there is any place completely safe from theft. these days you can spend a fortune on alarms & cameras with no gurantee of property safety. Hope you'all catch more fish.
    Did you file a police report? Dont bash the town, its a lot more crime free than some surrounding areas. Perhaps the local sherrifs can determine if the surveillance footage is clear or not........
    Set booby traps next time or put your own game camera in the truck somewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by sseazure
    Did you file a police report? Dont bash the town, its a lot more crime free than some surrounding areas. Perhaps the local sherrifs can determine if the surveillance footage is clear or not........

The head of security says the camera's did not show anything and the owner says its unclear and cant make it out who it is. I believe and i told the owner this, that it was an inside job by one of his employees and they are covering it up for them. Theres no way they didnt see who did it.... no way
    Yes i will do that next time and bust them myself. I should have filed a police report. I figured a high dollar classy place like that would protect thier customers. They did not seem to care at all.....

Link to Us   Subscription Information   Advertise   Privacy Policy   Resources   Contact Us   About Us

©2012 TidalFish.com. All Rights Reserved.