Youth Fishing Tournaments

Default Youth Fishing Tournaments

The Carolina Fishing Club volunteered to assist the organizers of one youth fishing tournament and we collected information on several others. Participation in these tournaments is a central part of the Club's community involvement program. It is also a great way to both perpetuate the sport of angling and educate young people about it.

We have compiled a partial list of annual youth fishing classes and tournaments in Orange County, and others are held in nearby Durham County every year. I have posted the relevant contact information, sources, and dates below.

1. Orange County Parks Department holds a tournament in early June of each year. It is held on a private lake in Hillsborough; the lake is located slightly east of Rt 86 North.
    Contact: Wendell Rogers, Town of Carrboro recreation Supervisor. Phone: 919-918-7371.

2. The Town of Carrboro also sponsors a youth fishing clinic at the pond in Anderson Park (on the right as Rt 54 leaves town west of Carrboro). It was held in August of 2006. The contact info is most likely the same as above.

3. The Town of Hillsborough hosts a fishing workshop for children at the Occoneechee Mountain Natural Area (It will be held onS aturday August 18, 2007). Contact 919-1686 or see www.ncsparks.net/enri

4. Club alumnus Johnny Buck posted this useful link to the list last year. It is a state page that lists public events at city and county parks.
    N.C. Wildlife Resources Commission News Releases

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Tidal Potomac Fly Rodder dalton's Avatar

Great work Henry. We should try to organize it next summer so the club members all participate in the events in their own counties. I wish I would have been free yesterday to go to the Hillsborough event.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements