Where to start???

Default Where to start???

I've been fishing for a few years now and thought I would try making my own riggs. It doesn't seem too difficult and appears to be very cost-effective. It seems the difficulty is in knowing what to put together. I've tied a few flys in my day and I know this is much differnent. Can anyone post good rigs for a beginner to put together. Kind of like a receipe, list the required items and show some photos.

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

It is very rewarding catching fish with rigs you made. Don't be afraid to experiment. Sure your neighbors will look at you funny when your testing the latest, top secret rig in their pool next door but what the heck, it's all in the name of research, right? What are you trying to target?

I like to target striper but will take anything that tastes good. I;'m basically looking for a cost-eefective lure. most of the pre-made one's are pretty expensive, and I've noticed that bulk materials can be purchased relativly cheaply online. was thinking of putting some things together, just didn't know where/how to start.

5. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Well, let's see here, it doesn't get any more basic than the old white bucktail rigged on a 3 way with a cannon ball. Add a mojo for the dropper weight and your presenting 2 baits. For the shallow water I rig a 9" shad on a 3 way with a smaller 4"-6" trailer. Light tackle, 4"-6" chesapeake bay shads, bucktails, trusty old windcheaters, heck, even a spinner bait with a big old willow leaf blade. Don't be afraid to try new or what your buddies say won't work. They may laugh but when you start burning them up, you can sell them to em at a premium price...Have fun and remember, simple is better!

7. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements