HDPE for Trailer Bunks
    Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Default HDPE for Trailer Bunks

My carpet needs replacing. I have seen several bunk products including 50" long nylon covers in the Champion Trailer catalog. I'd have to buy 4-6 to cover my bunks at $20 a pop.

Also I had considered putting glide sliks or other products on the bunks in the past but never liked the screwhead-thru-the-surface design. I am giving thought to using a sheet a 1/16 or 1/8" HDPE (Hi Density Polyethylene) so I can screw it on to the bunks on the sides of the bunk. Has anyone done this or have opinions on the subject?

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

I had the nylon covers installed, makes loading a drive on much easier. You could certainly install a sheet yourself, nothing special about the covers that I could see. Good luck.

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Take a look at McMaster Carr Website McMaster-Carr, search for HDPE, they have it in angles and channels that would wor. i have used the 1-1/2" x 1-1/2" angles, by 1/4" thick on a buddys boat and it worked great. This was last year and it was less that $2.00 / ft, thik it came in 7 ft lngths.

Don't know if you have used McMaster Carr before, but I think you can build the th the stuff in thier catalog, I buy from them daily at work and they are in NJ, which means UPS is the next day to MD.

Good Luck,
    Butch

5. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements