What Happened To The Ghost Pot Party? - Page 12
Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1011121314 ... LastLast
    Chief Angler / Moderator

I moved the thread, I did not want it polluting the main board any more. I did leave a link over there so people could find it. I am sure I will hear it from the commercial fraction for cleaning this up as well.

Brandon

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Chief Angler / Moderator

Here is something to ponder, so the commercial groupies here want us recs to focus on pollution in another form. My comments about them doing something have already been said, but think about what happens when this becomes news. So they are yelling that Candy should write an article in the Sun about all the pollution and I should focus on that along with others. Sooooo, let's say we do that, by default that means all the seafood in the Chesapeake will get seen as tainted and no one will want to eat it. The public will freak out for sure. Then these same guys will be kicking and screaming how we started a PR nightmare for them there because no one will want to buy seafood from the Chesapeake and that will hurt this business. We're in a no win, it's not even worth the time anymore debating here.

I will update everyone as things progress with the clean up day.

Thanks everyone for your support!

Brandon

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    Wild Bill

Let me give you some insight on Bigcrabber. I know it's hard to believe but Bigcrabber appears to have another screen name, Genecrabman. True Big Crabber?

Brandon
    Yes Brandon, I was or am Genecrabman.. For some reason you or a moderator cut my postings off... And I mailed you asking you if there was a problem... REMEMBER????? You told me there wasn't a problem..Was that the truth??? It seems anyone that disagrees with your agenda is booted off...Is this True????? Please tell me how Genecrabman was out of line???? I have answered you questions, now please have the desency to answer mine... Thank You Very Much.....

Genecrabman or Bigcrabber

5. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Chief Angler / Moderator

Do I kick people off for not agreeing with me? No.
    Do I and will I kick people off for being threating, rude, taunting or not abiding by the rules. YES
    If in fact your account was suspended, honestly I do not remember, I deal with over a hundred issues a day,we have over 40,000 registered anglers, you are in violation of being back on the boards with another screen name.

Brandon

Chief Angler / Moderator

Bigcrabber,

I looked up your account and Genecrabman's account was not suspended, it was just not allowed to post, you can read. Obviously you did something to cause that to happen. Given that was the case, your Bigcrabber account will be suspended. You can read, you just can not post.

I am totally fed up with the multiple screen names that this commercial crabbing fraction plays games with and am going to simply clean house. It's not funny any more, it wastes my time, and this is a recreational angler fishing site, nota play ground for commercial fishing anglers to take jabs at the recs all the time. You guys have your closed forum, go over there and play and pound your chests, but do not waste anymore of my or other recreational anglers on this site's time.

Brandon

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post

I am totally fed up with the multiple screen names that this commercial crabbing fraction plays games with and am going to simply clean house. It's not funny any more, it wastes my time, and this is a recreational angler fishing site, nota play ground for commercial fishing anglers to take jabs at the recs all the time. You guys have your closed forum, go over there and play and pound your chests, but do not waste anymore of my or other recreational anglers on this site's time.

Brandon
    I hope you don't mean you will be suspending all comms. associated with the closed forum. To be honest that would be unfair to those like me who have never posted under any other name. I am glad to be a part of both boards and would like for that to continue.

All I have done is add my 2 pennies everyonce in a while isn't that what a open forum is for?

--Brandon , Friend ---Pay somebody to repair this Website to control Multi name posters in the Begining ---You may know someone is a Disguized poster , but we don't know --

--Anyone local or National could reek havoc , by getting a suggestive user name to post User splitting views & personal attacks to Ruin what were trying to establish --geo.

Chief Angler / Moderator

Capt George, it's a little more complicated then getting someone to repair the site Actually we have some pretty sophisticated software. What "some" people do is get a free email account at Yahoo or Hotmail and then they can register different names. Banning specific IPs might ban a wrong person because of the way people dial/log in. However, I can cross reference IP's from every single user now and get a strong statistical probability of who is who with multiple screen names. I actually belong to a group/club, whatever you want to call it of forum moderators and we are getting pretty good with the code in the back end. I have debated not allowing Yahoo email or Hotmail accounts, but I realize that some people really do use them as legitimate email addresses, so I want to be careful there.

Honestly, about 99% of the people on Tidal Fish play by the rules and do not play the multiple screen name game, it's the small fraction of people, in this case a bunch of commercial watermen, who think it's a game to create multiple accounts and play games.

Virginia Addie 2, I understand that you have one screen name, or at least the best I can tell you do. I have always valued outside opinions, in fact it's Capt Jim's pounding away on me over a period of time that got me to truly realize that the number one problem really is pollution. That is why when your commercial friends attack me and try to suggest that I shut down people with different opinions I find comical and frankly an ignorant comment. If that were the case I would have never learned myself because I would just shut Capt Jim off, I did not do that and I do not do that. I do however suspend accounts when people threaten, get abusive, play stupid internet screen name games, use foul language, post inappropriate things, taunt etc on these boards. Frankly, I even separate friendships I have with people and will suspend them if needed. It's not an easy thing to do, but I do it because I try as best possible to stay true to the Tidal Fish brand mission. I have suspended Chum and other friends. I have corrected other friends,who frankly did not like it, but I have to try and be fair.

I am tired of hearing about how I do not let other opinions, I do. All the crying is from a few people who taunt and start trouble, get caught and then use that as a defensive argument tactic to try and make me look bad for turning off their account.

If you act appropriately and conduct yourself that way as well you are welcome. Realize however that this IS a recreational fishing site, its designed and meant for recreational anglers. If you are one of those in addition to a person who commercial fishes fine, make sure you give back to the community with regular fishing talk as well. If you are here just to promote commercial fishing and whenever the opportunity arises jump on recs, then this probably is not the place for you.

This is not a free site, it does not run itself by itself and it costs money to run. It takes a ton of my time. I do it because I like it. I never push subscriptions on people like other sites, you can see that the the site is not junked up with advertising at every corner like other sites or anything like that, it's just not my style and not ever why I created this place, although I would admit as a business man I would love for this place to actually make some money at some point. Anyway my point is this forum does not owe you the opportunity to be here or express your commercial views. I run it, it is designed for recreational anglers, as such they should be able to express recreational views without having commercial internet jockeys jumping all over them all the time. This thread was started by one of your fellow commercial watermen to try and take a jab at some people who are trying to do something good, in fact help clean up some stuff that we did not even put there. Then all the commercial groupies jumped in with their multiple screen names. Your colleagues are giving you and your profession a bad name doing this stuff and I really do not want to deal with it on my watch anymore. It's a total waste of my time. I hope you understand what I am getting at here.

Thanks

Brandon

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Default Good Job

For keeping up with what has to be done, and the initial reason for the board.

Thanks Brandon

Thanks for the reply, and the helpful info.

13. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1011121314 ... LastLast