Fingerless Fishing Gloves
    TFer who Posts Some - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Default Fingerless Fishing Gloves

My old hands are suffering from long-term exposure to the sun--I just had a skin cancer removed from the back of my hand and have some more pre-cancerous tissue to be removed. I am, therefore, in search of some tried and true fingerless fishing gloves that provide protection but are not hot and uncomfortable to wear. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

By the way, guys and gals, I strongly encourage those of you who routinely are expsoed to the sun to start protecting yourselves now.

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber
    Blog Entries

I agree, protect yourself now. Check out criticaltool.com or Google lightweight cotton gloves. I know several people who use gloves such as these against allergies or the sun. They are very inexpensive. Good luck

Platinum TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber Sanity's Avatar

Thumbs up

There is a solution to any glove and fingers that you'd like protected or uncovered. I don't say this to be facetious.....use scissors.....on any make of glove that you don't realy like otherwise.

5. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

I use ski gloves...water skiing of course.......Stearns make a good pair...I have used them for diving and fishing, being a mate and putting them through the conditions I put them through I own quite a few pairs..........golf or batting gloves work nice as well....just as Sanity said, break out the scissors and snip snip......

Stearns Recreational - Gloves/Wetsuits - Stearns Amara Water Sports Gloves - Water safety products for, swimming, boating, waterskiing, tubing, and more

or

http://www.onlygloves.com/work-glove...ach5gloves.cfm

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

I would check out Simms or Orvis; those would be you best bests. If you google either one their website will come up.
    Good Luck.

Sanity, I have lots of gloves and several pairs of scissors but there are two key features I am looking for: 1) not hot and uncomfortable to wear; and 2) made to get wet and dry quickly. I don't have any gloves that fit that description right now. Thanks.

calcuttaking, I have checked out Orvis and they have a pair that may meet my needs. I was just trying to get some recommendations from users with experience who might help me make a wise choice. Thanks. I may end up back at Orvis.

Blog Entries

I own a pair made by Berkley....... the fingers fold back and hold w/ velcro... dries fast and they don't stink like leather gloves when they get wet.
    Hogchoker 2010 & 2013 Flounder Bowl Champions

Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

BPS has some for less that $20. Look in the saltwater catalog or in the Fly section of the store. I saw them at the Hanover, Md location. As a matter of fact, I'm going to get myself a pair!

Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated.

13. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements