5 species & a new jig design - LTJ Midbay 4/22

Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast
    Platinum TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Arrow 5 species & a new jig design - LTJ Midbay 4/22

Fished this evening out of Breezy with Rich (Coach23) and his friend Dan who is visiting from Cape Coral, Florida. Really wanted to get Dan on some fish using light tackle especially since I think he's going out trolling tomorrow. Since I'm also looking at a big weekend upcoming, I spent some time recently in the Jedi lab on the swamp planet of Dagobah cooking up a new jig head design. Here 'tis. Introducing the Kandy Korn Big Shaky Eye.

I tell you what fellas, these things catch everthang! Those eyes don't just shake, they rattle & roll too! Rich said he didn't give a dern about a silly ol' rockfish. He was casting for flounder. This one went 20 inches.

I wrapped a 10 inch grape BKD around mine, and caught this spawned out fish.

Then, we started shad fishing. I think this one came all the way down from the Patapsco to chase that jig head. Look, he was hooked in the mouth!

Then, I forgot to get a picture of the toadfish Dan caught or the herring. But that herring was the perfect size so I suggested he take that piece of rubber off his kandy korn big shaky eye jig head and hook it though the tail. He did and that poor lil' piece of rockfish candy didn't last 30 seconds before he got ate up. Danny got some cell phone pics of this one to send to the guys back in Florida.

So, I guess the new design is a success. To be honest, it was actually a very tough evening fishing, the worst I've had in the mid-Bay since February. But we still got some good fish and had a great time with the lightsabres. Heard some of the other LTJ guys were out trolling today........ hmmmm.

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Default WTG

Awesome shots Shawn. You never seace to impress ! So when do those candy corns hit the shelf and I tell you what that is a great Idea with the eyes Jedi Master what size shads were on those jiggies?

Sahwn I'm ashamed to say I have been trolling........
    Gonna do the LT thing before I troll today!.........

5. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Darn nice flounder there guys

If you had any real fishing rods on that boat-you could have live lined that Gizzard Shad . That is a perfect "Bubba" bait.

Cool deal on the Flounder - and with an east wind - I bet it was bouncy.
    They say that life's a carousel - spinning fast, you've got to ride it well.

Rock Star TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber
    Blog Entries

Dan looks like Tim Taylor. Good report!

WTG Shawn now they are some nice fish and I would had love to catch a flounder like that 3 weeks ago. Thanks for the report and very nice pic’s. Hey you look like Indiana Jones with that hat you have on. Give me a call if you get out today and let me know how you made out. Still up in the air about this Saturday.

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

the eyes have it.......

Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber DirtyFrank's Avatar

Nice going Shawn. Looks like the force was with you on this trip.

The closet star wars fans are coming out with the tone of this thread and jamies.
    Dirty Frank
    Key West Bay Reef 196 - "Hot 4 Teacher"

Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

That's the ONLY way I like to catch flounder... on jigs... to bad it only happens every eon or so. Nice report, looks sloppy out there.

13. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast