What is a "Post Icon" and How do I Post a "Post Icon"?
    Chief Angler / Moderator

Unhappy What is a "Post Icon" and How do I Post a "Post Icon"?

A post icon is a small graphic that you can post either when you start a thread or when you reply to a thread. A post icon helps identify what your post is about. This allows fellow Tidal Fishers to quickly identify the type of post when looking at the particular message board home/index page. For instance, someone might just want to read fishing reports, the fishing report icon helps identify those sorts of posts, it appears as . "FR" meaning fishing report.

See the pictures below for the location of the post icons. All you have to do is choose the one that best describes your post when you post.

A description of what each one means is also below in the graphics.

Just reply in this thread if you have any questions.

Thanks

Brandon
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	location.jpg 
Views:	1055 
Size:	43.7 KB 
ID:	7800   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Post_icon_reference_guide.jpg 
Views:	1062 
Size:	75.4 KB 
ID:	7801   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	post_icons_location.jpg 
Views:	1041 
Size:	98.2 KB 
ID:	7802  

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

New TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

I'm very raw at boating, but in 04 I picked up my first boat at Ed's in Ashland, Va. It's a 190cc sea pro, with a 115 4 stroke yamaha. Up until this point, my wife and I have only fished the Rappahannock. My question is, with a small boat like this, would it be foolish of me to wander out into the bay, like to the cell?

your boat is perfect for the bay, I have a 190 sea ray, a ski boat bow rider that i take in the bay all the time. I have had it in 3-4 foot seas but not wanting to of coarse. I like a 1-2 foot chop and no more . go to the noaa web site. to find the weather on the bay at your zip code. go out when you have 1 foot chop or less your 1st trip, it will be as calm as you can believe.

5. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Smile

Thanks Brandon, I've got it.
    By the way, can you reccomend a good fly fishing guide for someone new to the Annapolis area? I would like to catch some top water stripers.
    Thanks, Sean

thanks brandon, I didn't realize that's what they were for. I knew i would learn a few things here! jerseyjim

8. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements