Destin and Pensacola- tarpon and kings from the kayak
    New TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Default Destin and Pensacola- tarpon and kings from the kayak

I left the Sunday after the tournament for three days of fishing in Destin and Pensacola, FL with my friend and his dad. We went down to see his older brother who has recently gotten hooked into kayak fishing and is in flight school with the navy. We caught live bait on sabiki's and slayed the kings. In the three days of fishing we caught over 25 kings, a few false albacore (around 12 pounds), a few spanish mack (I had one at 5 lbs) and my friend, on his second time kayak fishing caught a 65 lb tarpon. It was awesome! Many of the kings and the tarpon skied on the baits when we would hook up. After hook-up, it was off for a nice FL sleigh ride courtesy of Mr. King Mack. The tarpon took a 45 minute battle but, most of the king fights took 10-20 minutes to bring in the boat. The kings ranged in size from 8-30 pounds. With most averaging 12-15. I had a couple double headers with kings...quite exciting. We saw and hooked up with at least a dozen sharks. Before releasing one of his kings, my friend's fish got nailed by a 100 lb hammerhead. We were all about 10 yards from the fish when it got destroyed! I could go on and on with this report, we had such a great time. Enjoy the pics!

Max fighting his tarpon and Max with his tarpon

Me fighting a king... the second this fish hit the deck my other rod started singing and both fish are picture below

Friend's older brother with a 30lb smoker king

Sunset from the water

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Tidal Potomac Fly Rodder dalton's Avatar

Sick report!

Chief Angler / Moderator

awesome report man! sounds and looks like a great trip! You should post the report and pictures on Tidal Fish's kayak board, they would love this stuff.

Brandon

5. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

These photos are unbelievable.

When is our club going to do some saltwater fishing already?

New TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

thanks guys. We need to get on with some saltwater fishing...unfortunately with gas as high as it is, getting to the beach is only getting more expensive. I'm ready for a club trip to U lake or Cane Creek when we get back.

Platinum TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber
    Blog Entries

Now you're talkin...That's real fishin...
    Fishing can be anything you want it to be

Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Man nice pictures. Welcome to kayak fishing
    Need to post these on the Tdalfish kayak board also.

10. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements