Thursday Jigging trip
    Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Default Thursday Jigging trip

Well,
    I finally took a couple of days off and fished with Little Boy Blue today. We started out at Hibernia boat ramp around 5:30 this morning. Both of us were looking to catch out first stripers jigging. The rain and cool temperatures from the previous night had left us with a light fog on the water and man was it slick that early. We started out looking not far from the ramp and decided to try the first nice bait marks on the humps. Both of us wound up with 1 small white perch each and decided we would look else where. With a little slow riding and watching that reliable lowrance we finally marked some nice fish. Being on Scott’s boat I asked how he interpreted the marks and he said hmmmmm…. ”maybe catfish, the arches aren’t arched like stripers” and about that time “kapow” I had my first striper on using a jig. There were fish all over the screen but no more hits. With a little more moving around and watching the lowrance I managed to land 2 more stripers jigging before we called it quits around 1:00pm. For neither of us really having any experience fishing like that I was really pleased. Scott had to live vicariously today but perhaps it will be me next time that jerks that jig all day for a perch. Thanks Scott for having me and next time the trips on me! Tight lines everyone!
    Lanny

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Average TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Default Jigging questions

So, what kind of jigs were you using? Bucktails or spoons? I'm gonna fish the youth tourney tomorrow but I may just go out after the festivities and try this jigging thing with the freestyle jigs I bought and let my Dad and son try some bucktails.

Are you gonna be at the event tomorrow? If so maybe I could talk to you about the experience.

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Jaybee,
    They were not spoons or bucktails. Scott AKA(Little Boy Blue) furnished the jigs which were 2oz in weight with one treble hook at the tail of the lure. It looked a lot like a herring. He had a blue and white and I used the black and white. Scott can tell you the name of the lure. Anything you want to know just ask, that's what our club is suppose to be about, helping each other become better fisherman and have fun.
    We actually would be riding on plane but at a slow speed and watching the lowrance unit.
    When we went over blobs of bait around any humps in water 20-40 ft deep we would turn and go back idling over the area and if we marked fish with the bait we would start jigging in the bait marks.
    There was one time that we had a blank screen just after stopping and I figured I would get the jig down there so when we started going back over the bait I would be ready. As the jig was sinking in 40 ft of water it only sank about 15 to 18 ft and she nails it. Then while fight that fish we see 20 more come under the boat but did not get hit. Go figure. I am going to post this on the board too. I hope that helps.
    Lanny

Quote Originally Posted by JBee View Post
    So, what kind of jigs were you using? Bucktails or spoons? I'm gonna fish the youth tourney tomorrow but I may just go out after the festivities and try this jigging thing with the freestyle jigs I bought and let my Dad and son try some bucktails.

Are you gonna be at the event tomorrow? If so maybe I could talk to you about the experience.

5. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

New TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Default jigging

Ill be out in the morning with my ltl girl and her friend,we are going to jig,and hope we catch a fish

7. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements