Our Billy Nolan Youth Day was a huge success this year. We had at least 30 participants ranging from ages 5-15 years old. There where fish of all kinds weighed in, stripers, bass, crappie, catfish and white perch. We had a nice time after the weigh in, presenting trophies, taking individual and group pictures of the kids that participated in the event and having hotdogs and ice cream for everyone. All kids received a Youth Day medallion for participating in the event. Pictures and results are up on our special events link on our homepage.
I had the privilege of taking two of my nieces out for youth day. It was one’s first boating trip and the other’s second. It was both their first fishing trip with me and their Aunt. Yogi(Dewey Edwards) was our guide and made sure the girls caught fish. As the time came to head back to the boat dock, my little niece Hannah Malugen said “Uncle Lanny this is the bestest time I ever had”. Immediately her older sister Allie asked her “even better than Disney World?” Hannah paused for a second looking toward the sky and said “uh huh even better than Disney World”. Now I think that says it all as far as fun and Billy Nolan Youth Day goes. Move over Mickey and Minnie.
This is our forth annual Youth Day event and the third annual Billy Nolan Youth Day.
Our first Youth Day event was held on August 13, 2005 and Billy Nolan was the chairman of that event. Billy Nolan died in September of that year and in the spring of 2006 the board of directors named the event, “Billy Nolan Youth Day”. We are already looking forward to next year’s event and hope you all are too.
In closing I would like to thank everyone that made this event possible, Shane and Jodi Massey, Ramrod and Cindy, Rick and Beverly Ellington, Scott Huddle, my wife Lisa and the many other’s that worked so hard to make this happen. I would also like to thank Rex and everyone at RJ’s for their work in catering the event for us. I also want to thank all of the parents and volunteers that took the time to “take a kid fishing”. Most of all I want to thank the youth for their participation because you make this worth the effort and you are the future of our great sport. Thanks to all!

Lanny Parrott
BISC President