Question C-Hawk Boats ??
Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: C-Hawk Boats ??

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Default C-Hawk Boats ??

Need input on C-hawks. What do you know? are they good hulls ( 20' CC ) Would you buy and older hull ? How do they hold up? any owners out there want to give input ?

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Overbuilt, commerical type hull. Tuff as nails, will last forever. Mine is a 1999 22ft. Will stay dry in some
    fairly rough water. Not fancy. "Parker" type construction but at a better price.

22 ft c hawk

Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

I used to fish ALOT in a friends Early 1990's 18 ft. C-Hawk. Its a decent commercial grade boat. Ride was ok. His had a 125 Merc on it and would do 60 MPH. His floor got a few soft spots (wood floor) and he sold it. It had some hard miles on it though. Real hard!

5. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Default C-Hawk Boats

I bought a C- Hawk last year shes a 26 foot center console with a bracket and twinn 175 suzukis on her and i love it. Ive had the boat 60 miles or so offshore several times this year and the boat handled it well. Shes alil heavy but thats a commercial hull i guess but handles well inshore and off and very happy i made the purchase.

New TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Solid boats. It seemed like almost everyone on the Eastern Shore owned one in the 80's and early '90's, but they have been slowly replaced by Carolina Skiffs and others. Probably due to cost, weight, and the newer foam constuction of other brands. C-Hawks are still on my short list of the best fishing boats!

TFer who Posts Some - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

I've got a mid-80's 18' center console and l love it. The only problem that I've had is the fuel tank got a hole and had to cut the floor to replace. Otherwise, very solid boat and would highly recommend.

New TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

I had a 16-ft. C-Hawk for 18 years. I used it for clamming,oystering,duck hunting and fishing. I don't know if you remember but Winchester also had a 16 footer with the same hull design.
    It was a great boat. During the late 80's and 90's I broke ice for a many mile in Chincoteague Bay to go duck and goose hunting. I sold it 3 years ago to someone in Quinby and she is still going strong.

Rock Star TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

I've been in a couple of the 20' and they are very very similar to the Parker 20 SE, but the cost is a lot more reasonable IF you can find one. I've been looking for one of those hulls, but have not been able to find a used one for any kind of reasonable price. They get bought FAST!

-TH

Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Awesome boats, I have a 23, it was my dad's before I took it over, 88 hull. I've been rebuilding it for the last 3 years. Just installed a new console this year. The boat can handle some real nasty stuff, and the hull is solid. They do have wood construction, so check the deck and check the transom, but as long as they are in good shape, you'll have yourself an excellent ride.

Unfortunately, they've gone out of business in the last year or so...

Hey pramble, I have a 25 standard and considering adding some bilge access. Would you happen to have any pictures of your restoration project?

Have owned two through out the last 20 years or so, pleased with mine!

13. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast