Rainbow Farm SUX
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Default Rainbow Farm SUX

It seems that the no matter which way I turn someone is in line to stick it to me. I just found out that Rainbow Farms which is now under another name is charging $5 per head to enter their farm to buy a pumpkin. I've been taking my kids to the farm for 5 years and it's a great place. However, they are not growing their own pumpkins and and if I show up tomorrow I'm pay $25 just to show up which includes five for myself, wife and three kids. After that, they are charging top dollar per pound for pumpkins which are trucked in. I love this farm but this is too much. I'm on a budget and this is one more thing that dissapoints me. Just ranting. Good fishing.

Dave.

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

TFer who Posts Some - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Jr. View Post
    It seems that the no matter which way I turn someone is in line to stick it to me. I just found out that Rainbow Farms which is now under another name is charging $5 per head to enter their farm to buy a pumpkin. I've been taking my kids to the farm for 5 years and it's a great place. However, they are not growing their own pumpkins and and if I show up tomorrow I'm pay $25 just to show up which includes five for myself, wife and three kids. After that, they are charging top dollar per pound for pumpkins which are trucked in. I love this farm but this is too much. I'm on a budget and this is one more thing that dissapoints me. Just ranting. Good fishing.

Dave.

Dave, I was heading there tomorrow... I drove buy and it looked like the vines were out there with pumkins. Did you stop by for this info. Thanks for the heads up.

Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Highway robbery My wife and I were thinking of going to the rennasainse fest. today but got on-line and saw that it's $18 just to walk through the door. Unreal.....by the time I get a couple turkey leggs, a few pints, and some oyster shooters, we'll have to tap the home equity line of credit. Does'nt make any sence.......charge you $18 but then atleast give you a meal voucher. The festival is not even that good......just something to do. They wont get my money this year.....rather go fishing anyway damn way.

Bill

Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Dave,
    I have been taking my kids to Brads Produce in Churchville MD. The have a nice corn maze that cost 6.00 per person. They also have a free hayride out to a huge pumpkin patch with the pumkins still attached to the vines. Allot of the pumpkins were very large. They will weigh the pumpkins when you return. The total for 4 pumpkiins was $33.00 (2 of them were huge) They also have a hay bale maze for the little kids and some other activities.

Here is a link
    Corn Maze - Maize Quest at Brad's Produce Farm in Churchville, Maryland

Welcome to Brad's Produce

Average TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Rainbow Farms does grow its own pumpkins. They have acres for you to choose from behind the corn. The entry fee also includes a corn maze, slingshot for shooting apples at scarecrows, and a "moon bounce". IMHO activities are much better than the past are worth the $$. Our son had a great time.

I'll second the suggestion for Brad's produce. I go to them for produce from asparagus and pick your own strawberries in the spring to pumpkins now. Their fall set up is very kid friendly with hayrides and mazes and such. And his prices are very fair, that's how he keeps me as a customer. The farm is on Rte. 136 at Asbury road in Harford County.

Platinum TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Here I thought this was going to be about rainbow trout.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Bill View Post
    Here I thought this was going to be about rainbow trout.
    LOL. I wish. Thanks for the options guys.

I think thats ridiculous. Its just another way to line the owners pockets with money.

Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

I know it is late but somthing to think about next year (first time I went ) I went this year kids got to shoot arrows, canoe rides, pumpkiins (1 free for each kid), hay ride etc... 9th Annual Swanfest Slated for October 14th
    They got a nice fishing pier too anyone ever fish it

12. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast