Tidal Fish Forum banner

MSSA Montgomery County?

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Bend-Lure 
#1 ·
Hello all. I live in Silver Spring and my office is in Bethesda. I would love to attend more MSSA meetings, but there is no chapter that is particularly convenient for me. I currently attend the Magothy/Broadneck chapter but it can take an hour to get there.

Do any of you live in southern Montgomery Co? Has there ever been a “Capital Area” MSSA chapter? A Capital Area chapter could draw anglers from DC, and Northern VA. If a Capital Area chapter was under consideration I would volunteer to be very involved in formation, promotion and operation.

Which chapter do others in this area join? What other organizations are MSSA members in this area involved with? Fredrick would be a nightmare to get to in the evenings up 270.

Thanks, Jeremy

#2 ·
Jeremy,

We had a PG county chapter years ago and a Northern VA chapter. Both folded because we did not have folks to run them If you are interested in forming a chapter it would be great. I'd recommend you contact David Smith, Assoicate Executicve Director of the MSSA at 410-255-5535 during the day. We'd love to have a chapter in that area.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.