Tidal Fish Forum banner

Weirdest Bait?

34K views 48 replies 45 participants last post by  bob burghauser 
#1 ·
What is the strangest bait that you have used that you actually caught fish with?

#2 ·
lol, one time while fishing oregon inlet in the fall we were vertical jigging a favorite deep hole with sting silvers when i snagged a large winter squid....he went straight into the live well....cool with all the colors flashing and stuff....as soon as he got in the livewell he jetted ink and it was really wild.....when i live baited him around the bridge...iwas hooked up with a striper in 3 seconds or less.....

just my luck they were hitting live squid that day....hhaa

cheers
carey

#13 ·
Blue fin tuna on a beer can.....just put a circle hook in it and threw it off the back when chumming on the proteuse wreck in march one year....those things were eating everything.....it was too much to see a voltwagon come up and eat them....then they popped up 20 yards away......so we decided to try and hook them on it and it worked.....budlight......was the color....

#14 ·
Raw chicken fat/skin from crabbing tied to mono with NO hook. We would toss it to breaking fish who would hold on to the bait while a gull would pick the fish up. did this for an hour one day off Kent Island EB. the gulls actually got 2-3 fish out of the deal.

TED

#22 ·
Ditto chicken breast strips...soaked in an attractant or not......most anything in the surf. Not much luck from a boat.

This memory from fresh water bank fishing. Used to catch any insects we could find for bait, but that's not the story.....this one time we didn't gather much bait. All dried up on some streamside rocks were a lot of shrimp shells. Dried up as all get out, hard, and brittle. Just the leftover shells. Looked like they'd been in the sun all day. Put 'em on the hook and caught some fish for a meal or two. Was young then, but still thought it was a cool discovery.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.