Big Fish Pot for June 13th Tournament
    Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Exclamation Big Fish Pot for June 13th Tournament

Anyone wanting to get in on the big fish pot for the June tournament can reply here or call me. You must be entered by 6:00pm Friday the 12th. Entry is $10 per boat and you must be at weigh in to pay your entry fee and to collect your winnings if you have the
    Keep in mind we will be selling 50/50 raffle tickets at the weigh in and you might win enough to pay your entry fees and gas expense
    Good luck and tight lines!
    Lanny

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Rick & Bev Elington got in the pot today and Yogi and I make 3 boats so far.

Default Count my team in the big fish pot . . .

Hi Lanny,

While I'm not successful at the moment at catching bait, Steve is getting much better. Possibly we'll be so good at catching bait by the 13th, we'll be boating stripers.

Spent too much time with the green light in Occ 2 cove this morning. Only drew 1" stuff and not very much of that. My effort caught a 10 inch crappie and a white perch. Motored over to the power plant "out" cove and flippers were all over the place. Steve is getting better, but only came up with one gizzard and several Alewife's. At full light everything stopped and the sight casting was over. Still not seeing huge bait balls like last fall.

Fished the productive area off Clyde's Island for a few hours. Lots of bait and marks from there to just about Goat. Only a few take downs, but all let go. Spent much more time at the mouth of Grassy and again, lots of marks but no fish in the boat. Lots of chatter about the mouth of Panhandle, Butcher, Eastland, and the transmission lines so we decided to go and see what the excitement was about.

Rip N Drag and Teacher replied to my radio call. But, too much walking on each other to learn much. On the way to the transmission lines, saw Teacher and he demonstrated how to boat stripers. We put lines out and headed up lake. Steve needed to get back early. A few take downs, but only one blue stayed with it. Too small and it became a toss back.

Lots of practice casting for bait this time. The few blues/other take downs came mostly on SS minnows. The gizzard swam all day without notice. The few Alewife's went quickly, but didn't hook up even though the bait was nearly cut in half.

At the power plant cove, Steve was casting and a snake was crossing in front of the boat. I ask if he wanted a different bait. The snake must have heard my comment, didn't like the competition, and headed for the boat. It tired the boarding the swim platform a couople of times and then departed. Looked like a 3 foot cotton-mouth to me. Had the markings and head shape. Glad it didn't make more effort to board.

I may get out again today as the weather will be much nicer than Sat morning (wind and cold). Then, I don't sleep the evening before trying for bait and it takes the following day for sleep.

Again, keep me signed up so the winner will have some gas money . . . :) Think there was a lot of boating stripers today just for practice!

Regards, Joy T Brew

5. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Thanks Joy,
    I'll put you down for the pot too. Keith and Marilynn Fogleman said they were getting in it too so the pot is building.

New TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Count Jason and myself in the pot. See ya Saturday.
    Tommy and Jason Allen

Thanks Tommy! I look forward to seeing both of you. Tight lines!
    Lanny

TFer who Posts Some - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

hey Lanny P.
    Go ahead and count the teacher & Adam IN on that big fish pot!
    See yall saturday
    teacher

So far we have 11 in and they are as follows:
    Ramrod
    Dewey Edwards & Bill McAllister
    Lanny & Lisa Parrott
    Rick & Bev Ellington
    Joy Hansen & Steve Smith
    Keith & Marilynn Fogleman
    Tommy & Jason Allen
    Jim & Adam Beaty
    Benji White & Billy Sizemore
    Greg White & Gene Mitchell
    Larry Robinson & Bobby Moss
    If I missed anyone you should let me know ASAP. 6:00pm tomorrow evening is the deadline. Good luck and tight lines to all!
    Last edited by lannyp; 06-12-2009 at 06:03 PM.

Average TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Lanny,
    Add me and Billy Sizemore to the big fish pot!
    Benji

Average TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Add Greg White and Gene Mitchell to the big fish pot too...
    Benji

13. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements