Kiptopeke arrival change in itinerary . . - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by lannyp View Post
    As far as a map, nothing but ADC will do. You want the Chart Book for the entire bay. It is about $60. You may find a better deal on Ebay or Half.com. Have it delivered to your room at Short Stay Suites. BISC members there for the month of December are yours truely, Yogi, Termite, Tumbleweed and Ramrod that I know for sure. If you are only keeping 2 dozen eels the 3 bucket system works fine. Good luck!
    Lanny
    Hi Lanny,

Finally realized that the 3 bucket system would be much easier than using my Bait Spa.

I'm off to Lowe's to get a few buckets that were on-sale a few days ago. It will take a little work to drill holes in the bottom of two of the three buckets. If I got this right, the bottom bucket is to catch the slime/melted ice. The next level has the eels contained in a mesh bag (maybe with a few shop rags to help hold the dampness). The top bucket is for the ice to keep everything cool and drip through on the eels.

http://www.ctfisherman.com/eeling.html was a great help; however, I don't think BISC uses 3-way swivels with a sinker to get to the bottom quickly and sound the depth frequently.

Have I missed anything?

Regards, JTB
    Last edited by Joy Hansen; 11-29-2009 at 05:06 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
    Hey those eel holder tubes are pretty cool looking. Do they work good? That is, do the eels stay in there without wriggling free?
    Hey Timbo,

Thought I'd show photos of how I made a jig to cut the groove in 1" shedule 40 PVC. Each tube is about 15" long and the groove stops 1-2 inches from the end. The rest is as shown in other photos.

Hope this helps in case you decide to create a few of these eel tubes.

Regards, JTB

Default Delay, delay, truck still in the shop . . .

Hi Lanny,

The truck is still in the South Boston Crowel Ford dealership garage. Same ole excuses, the part didn't arrive. Eight business days and part is still on order?

I started my reservation at the Shore Stay Suites on Dec 1 and hopefully will arrive this week. Regardless, I have to pick my brother up at the Norfolk airport on Friday. May not have a truck or boat with me and may need to charter with others during the week.

Are any HO options available?

Gotta go,

More later,

JTB

Quote Originally Posted by Joy Hansen View Post
    Hi Lanny,

The truck is still in the South Boston Crowel Ford dealership garage. Same ole excuses, the part didn't arrive. Eight business days and part is still on order?

I started my reservation at the Shore Stay Suites on Dec 1 and hopefully will arrive this week. Regardless, I have to pick my brother up at the Norfolk airport on Friday. May not have a truck or boat with me and may need to charter with others during the week.

Are any HO options available?

Gotta go,

More later,

JTB
    I'll help you out JTB if you make it up here. Good luck and call if you need me.
    Lanny

6. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12