Welcome Light Tackle Anglers - Introduce Yourself - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by andypat View Post
    I guess we should just say, I use to catch bass, and leave it go at that. Then all will believe every thing you tell them. I am still fishing and still taken pictures. I got salt in my blood and gave up bass fishing long ago. Now I'm back in MD. Fishing for little perch, crappie, and even bass now and then. I'm kinda proud of the fish I caught. How about you? That is a good question. Is 6 or 8 lb. Super Lines still light tackle ? You didn't answer my question.

You can fish from the Susquehanna Flats down to the Bay Bridge. You got it made. Were do you keep your boat?
    Andy, I have never caught a bass like that in my life. That is surely one to be proud of. I did however catch a 22 1/4" smallmouth maybe 5 years ago while wet wading the Susky up here around Harrisburg. I keep my boat in my garage and tow my little 16.5' deep v 80 miles south to fish the flats and lower susky. I've really never have fished too much past the Sassafras river. I still like to wet wade up here thru the summer for smallies & muskies & chase stripers down there from March - June then again from Sept - Dec. I did a fair amount of blue water & surf fishing in my younger days from Cape Cod to Edisto, S.C. but, that was then and this is now. You are definitely more of an avid fisherman than I am anymore. Keep up the good work buddy

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

New TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

I've been a bass fisherman most of my life mainly fishing TN reservoirs as an adult and Wisconsin lakes as a child with my dad. Last year I got a place on Kent Island MD and now I'm transitioning to Striper fishing on the Chesapeake Bay. I've learned a lot in one year by talking with tackle shops, reading books written by light tackle fisherman in the area and getting on forums like this asking questions. I am anxious for the weather to break so I can get out there to try out my new found knowledge. My home residence is in Ohio but I plan on spending half my time in MD during the season. My two sons live and work in the DC area which was my motivation to sell my property in TN and buy on the Chesapeake. It has worked out well since I love the area, the people there and getting to spend more time with my boys. My goal this year is to meet some local fisherman and build a network of fishing buddy's. Tight lines!

Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber
    Blog Entries

Bay valle, I lived on kent Island, and fished that area almost every day for about 30 years. Kent Island is too crowded now for us. We moved back to Md. two years ago from FL. We live way down the Shore in Federalsburg Md. Good for you. You have a lot of places to fish now. A lot of good fishing on all the Eastern Shore rivers. Looking forward to some fishing reports from you.

5. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

New TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by andypat View Post
    Bay valle, I lived on kent Island, and fished that area almost every day for about 30 years. Kent Island is too crowded now for us. We moved back to Md. two years ago from FL. We live way down the Shore in Federalsburg Md. Good for you. You have a lot of places to fish now. A lot of good fishing on all the Eastern Shore rivers. Looking forward to some fishing reports from you.
    Andy. It does get busy on the roads during summer weekends. I would have like to discover this area years earlier but I stumbled just upon it when my son took me out to see Annapolis a couple of years ago. I envy everyone who was fortunate enough to grow up in such a beautiful area and I now am looking forward to spending much of my retired years out there. Plus now I'll get to see my grandkids grow up.

7. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345