Welcome Light Tackle Anglers - Introduce Yourself
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n \r\n
\r\n jamann4\r\n \r\n
\r\n jamann4 is offline\r\n\r\n \r\n
\r\n \r\n Average TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n \r\n
\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n \r\n \r\n

\r\n Default \r\n

\r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n Jeffrey,
\r\n
\r\nI seem to do best with the specks in the fall. Although most folks will say the spring is better. In my experience they are keying on different baits at both times. In the spring they are after the peeler crabs that start shedding around here in May. In the fall the shallows are loaded with finger mullet and peanut bunker and thats what they\'re after. Specks should be arriving on the shallows in about a month. Last year was a good one for me and I have high hopes for this one. Hopefully the fish kills from the winter freeze down in the carolinas won\'t affect the speck fishing here in the bay. Many specks died down there during the freeze. I am considering the fish tagging program this year as I release most of what I catch, occassionaly keeping one for dinner.\r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n -' + '->\r\n
\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n Reply With Quote Reply With Quote \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n -' + '->\r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n'; pd[1566333] = '\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #2\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n jeffreyolrick\r\n \r\n
    \r\n jeffreyolrick is offline\r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n New TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n

\r\n Default \r\n

\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n Quote Originally Posted by jamann4\r\n View Post\r\n
    \r\n
    Jeffrey,
    \r\n
    \r\nI seem to do best with the specks in the fall. Although most folks will say the spring is better. In my experience they are keying on different baits at both times. In the spring they are after the peeler crabs that start shedding around here in May. In the fall the shallows are loaded with finger mullet and peanut bunker and thats what they\'re after. Specks should be arriving on the shallows in about a month. Last year was a good one for me and I have high hopes for this one. Hopefully the fish kills from the winter freeze down in the carolinas won\'t affect the speck fishing here in the bay. Many specks died down there during the freeze. I am considering the fish tagging program this year as I release most of what I catch, occassionaly keeping one for dinner.
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    jamann4-' + '-where do fish out of? would love to hook up if you\'re on the peninsula. btw, since the peelers are the target bait in the spring, what artificials do use to target them? high tide over the grass flats?\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n Reply With Quote Reply With Quote \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n'; pd[1565920] = '\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #3\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n jamann4\r\n \r\n
    \r\n jamann4 is offline\r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n Average TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n

\r\n Default \r\n

\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n Hi, i\'m Jamann4 and I\'m a speckaholic. I primarily target specks in the backwaters with light spinning gear. I Like the stripers, flounder, and pups on light tackle too but the specks are really what get me going. I fish prmarily out of a kayak. I have way more light tackle gear, mirrolures, soft plastics, etc. than I need but it makes me happy and I guess that is all that counts. Looking forward to some more posts on this board.\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n'; pd[1565974] = '\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #4\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n Fishman\r\n \r\n
    \r\n Fishman is offline\r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n

\r\n Default \r\n

\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n Hello I\'m Rick from Norfolk Va. I fish the lower Chesapeake Bay. I\'m a shore fisherman and I will fish on a boat when the opportunity comes around. The species that I like to target the most are Flounder, Speckled Trout and Puppy Drum.\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n'; pd[1566120] = '\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #5\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n bullisland\r\n \r\n
    \r\n bullisland is offline\r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n

\r\n Default \r\n

\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n Hello everyone, My name is Shayne. I live in Poquoson and do 80% of my fishing right here at home on the flats and in Back River. I am also a light tackle fisherman. I enjoy fishing for reds, specks and flounder mainly. Although the striper on the flats in the summer are fun also. Really started fishing light tackle last year. Byrd, a member here on TF pretty much got me addicted to the skinny water fishing. I fished as a child on the stern of my dads workboat as he would go clamming in the summer time. I would catch croakers, spot and the occasional flounder. He has since left the water enabling me to use his 218 DLX Carolina Skiff for my flats fishing. Excellent boat for that by the way. Reds are my kryptonite. If they are around, that\'s what I am going after. Though this year I certainly intend on speck fishing alot more. Looking forward to some great tips and alot of pullage. Good luck and tight lines everyone.
    \r\n
    \r\nShayne\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n'; pd[1572323] = '\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #6\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n BILL H\r\n \r\n
    \r\n BILL H is offline\r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n

\r\n Default \r\n

\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n Hi, I\'m Bill.
    \nI cut my teeth fly fishing for trout in very small Pennsylvania streams, and did a lot of light-tackle spin fishing for smallmouths on the Susquehanna and Juniata Rivers. I used light gear on quite a few bluefish charters and sea trout charters on the Chesapeake and Delaware Bays, and never could see the attraction of trolling with heavy rigs for striped bass in the Chesapeake. Looked so unappealing that even after I moved to this area, I couldn\'t really get excited about striper fishing.
    \n
    \nThese forums introduced me to the light-tackle angling for stripers in the Bay to the extent that I picked up a boat a number of years ago to do just that. Various things have kept me from doing a much of it as I would like, but now I have repowered the boat and am nearing retirement or at least semi-retirement, so I expect to have more opportunity to get out.
    \n
    \nBecause I don\'t trailer, I am sort of limited to the area from the Susquehanna Flats down to the Bay Bridge.\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n'; pd[1577805] = '\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #7\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n Steve F\r\n \r\n
    \r\n Steve F is offline\r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n Platinum TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n

\r\n Default \r\n

\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n Hey guys, as you can see my name is Steve and all I do is LTJ and have been for about 17 years. You can find me in the Patapsco River or at the Bay Bridge and points North to MOW. There’s nothing like jigging for stripers and I think it’s the most challenging way to fish. I have nothing against guys trolling and I know that they will catch the bigger fish than me but that’s OK. I usually only fish on Saturdays but do try and get off work every now and then during the week to get out. As you can see I build Custom Rods and I have built a lot for guys that are on this board. I personally use a 6’ M/H with a fast tip or my new rod that I have been building a 6\' 2” M/H action with a fast tip and this rod is my favorite rod now. I wish everyone the best of luck this season and I’ll try to post some reports this year.\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n'; pd[1636561] = '\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #8\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n Dr Feelgood\r\n \r\n
    \r\n Dr Feelgood is offline\r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n TFer who Posts Some - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n

\r\n Default \r\n

\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n Hi My name is Gordon and I too am addicted. I fish around Fleets Bay area and love light tackle and fly fishing for specs and what ever else I can catch int he shallows. You may see me on a 17\' Key West "Lil Dab" around the creeks, or in the Bay on the "SeaSetter" 23 WA Parker. I Live in Kilmarnock (Indian Creek) and work in Irvington. I have a beautiful and understanding wife and two great boys. My oldest earned his Junior Angler on Sunday. He too seems to be showing signs of the addiction. Lets get this board rolling.\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n'; pd[1783635] = '\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #9\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n tacklemake\r\n \r\n
    \r\n tacklemake is offline\r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n

\r\n Default \r\n

\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n I\'m tacklemake or woody and I own Maryland tackle.I make a lot of lite tackle because I don\'t just make it Iuse it all the time and if you want some send me a private message and I will get back to you................woody\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n'; pd[3313474] = '\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #10\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n Bay valle\r\n \r\n
    \r\n Bay valle is offline\r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n New TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n

\r\n Default \r\n

\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n I\'ve been a bass fisherman most of my life mainly fishing TN reservoirs as an adult and Wisconsin lakes as a child with my dad. Last year I got a place on Kent Island MD and now I\'m transitioning to Striper fishing on the Chesapeake Bay. I\'ve learned a lot in one year by talking with tackle shops, reading books written by light tackle fisherman in the area and getting on forums like this asking questions. I am anxious for the weather to break so I can get out there to try out my new found knowledge. My home residence is in Ohio but I plan on spending half my time in MD during the season. My two sons live and work in the DC area which was my motivation to sell my property in TN and buy on the Chesapeake. It has worked out well since I love the area, the people there and getting to spend more time with my boys. My goal this year is to meet some local fisherman and build a network of fishing buddy\'s. Tight lines!\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n'; pd[1603425] = '\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #11\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n joeycastaneda\r\n \r\n
    \r\n joeycastaneda is offline\r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n

\r\n Default \r\n

\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n Hi, I\'m Joey
    \r\nI\'m living in Hawaii but have been fishing stripers for 30 years since I was a 12 years old growing up in the San Francisco Bay Area. I\'ve fished for stripers in San Francisco Bay Area, Lake Mead in Nevada and Lake Lanier in Georgia. My striper experience has included both salt water and fresh water fishing. I hope to expand my striper fishing experience to more areas. I started fishing for stripers using traditional tackle but for the past couple of years my tackle has gotten lighter and lighter. I just got back from the San Francisco Bay Area from a two week striper fishing trip with my 11 year old. We fished both salt and fresh water all on 3 and 4 pound gear using ultralight reels and rods. It was a blast to catch and release 72 stripers in 10 days ranging from 1 to 10 pounds all on 3lbs and 4lbs test lines. We caught the stripers while trolling, casting lures and dunking cut bait. We also used a 2wt fly rod and caught about 10 of the fish on a fly.
    \r\n
    \r\nNow that\'s what I consider as light tackle. We also use light tackle for fishing in Hawaii. We regularly troll for small tuna using 10lb test line. Even though we live in Hawaii nothing beats fishing for stripers!!!\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n'; pd[1666088] = '\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #12\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n Deskins\r\n \r\n
    \r\n Deskins is offline\r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n

\r\n Default \r\n

\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n hi, i\'m mark. I\'m a little late,12/22/10. I fish ligt salt, middle bay, lower james down to CBBT. Fish for every thing, still trying to fine tune my light trolling, I mean LIGHT compared to other boats I\'ve fished on. I will stay tuned to this site every time I log in from now on. Tight lines an happy holidays!!!!\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n'; pd[1666149] = '\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #13\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n DaveHuz\r\n \r\n
    \r\n DaveHuz is offline\r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n

\r\n Default \r\n

\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n Dave Huz here. Pulling a 19\' Sea-Pro skiff (yes, they made one in 2000-2001) out of the Magothy River/Sandy Point area and working light tackle stuff down on the Eastern Bay side down to Hooper\'s Is. and occasionally down to Chincoteague. Prev. ran a 16 CS in the same areas but with the bigger boat expect that I can spend more time on the water w/o putting myself in an uncomfortable sea state. Still have the trolling equipment that comes on board once in a while but like the running/gunning fishing when I can\'t get to the flats fishing in FL. Primarily a gLoomis rod user with my Penn 360s. Will be visiting this forum on a regular basis and hope to see some of the guys at the early shows and later out on the water.\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n'; pd[1725535] = '\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #14\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n Timbo\r\n \r\n
    \r\n Timbo is offline\r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n

\r\n Default \r\n

\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n As a native Marylander, I have enjoyed the sport of fishing for over forty-five years. One of the first fishing trips I remember is catching striped bass and perch with my Dad under the Chesapeake Bay Bridge. As teenagers, my friends and I would often rent a wooden rowboat out of Dundee Creek and fish for whatever we could catch including bass, bluegills, catfish and perch. Little did I know then, but I was already hooked on fishing.
    \r\n
    \r\nIn the mid-80s, I became involved in competitive bass fishing. My skills increased by fishing as often as I could and by reading every book, magazine and newspaper article about fishing I could find. I watched countless hours of fishing shows and attended numerous seminars. I fished with many accomplished anglers and well-known guides. During that time I owned a 1989 Ranger bass boat. I learned more about fishing the upper reaches of the Chesapeake Bay, the Eastern Shore Rivers and the lower Potomac River. Competing on the club level for over 10 years, I fished over 100 tournaments including two Mr. Bass and four State Qualifying Tournaments with the Maryland Bass Federation.
    \r\n
    \r\nBy the mid-90s, I focused my attention on striped bass. Since then I have pursued stripers from the Susquehanna Flats to the Outer Banks of North Carolina.
    \r\n
    \r\nIn addition to exploring the Chesapeake Bay, I have traveled all over this country fishing for different species using different techniques. I have fished from the surf of Assateague Island to the offshore canyons many miles out of Ocean City, Maryland; from Maui, Hawaii for marlin and tuna to Homer, Alaska for salmon and halibut; from flipping lures in the shallow bayous of Louisiana for redfish and flounder to trolling spoons deep in Minnesota’s Lake Superior for lake trout and walleye; and from casting plugs to striped bass off of the rocky coast of Maine to fishing for tarpon in the Florida Keys.
    \r\n
    \r\n I have visited all 50 states and fished in many of them. I have caught over 100 different species of fish including over 40 freshwater species and over 60 saltwater species.
    \r\n
    \r\nMy favorite technique is light tackle jigging but I like to fish a variety of ways. Among my most noteworthy catches are reeling in a 100 lb tarpon in Islamorada, Florida on 25 lb test line and landing a 40 lb striped bass in the lower Chesapeake Bay on 17 lb test line.
    \r\n
    \r\nConservation and protection of the environment are of paramount importance. Educating new anglers about ethical fishing practices is rewarding and sharing the sport with young people is key to the future of recreational fishing.\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n'; pd[1725940] = '\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #15\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n Fishman\r\n \r\n
    \r\n Fishman is offline\r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n

\r\n Default \r\n

\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n Timbo it sounds like you an accomplished angler. Thanks for sharing looking forward to your shallow water and lite tackle reports.\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n'; pd[1726090] = '\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #16\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n Timbo\r\n \r\n
    \r\n Timbo is offline\r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n

\r\n Default \r\n

\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n Fishman - thanks. I usually post most of my reports on the Chesapeake Angler - Original Board. I just happened to see Brandon had started this Light Tackle Angler forum and thought I\'d add my introduction. Please see My Profile for more information and pictures.\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n'; pd[1764769] = '\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #17\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n GMCfish\r\n \r\n
    \r\n GMCfish is offline\r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n

\r\n Default \r\n

\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n specks specks specks\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n'; pd[1764773] = '\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #18\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n GMCfish\r\n \r\n
    \r\n GMCfish is offline\r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n

\r\n Default \r\n

\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n My name is Miles Suttle and I spend a lot of time fishing for all species with light tackle. I love fishing for specks, drum, and stripers with light tackle under 12 pound test and fly rods. I am an avid cobia hunter and love catching them with light tackle as well! I will try and give reports on these species soon. Hopefully will be speck\'n soon the weather is getting RIGHT!\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n'; pd[1770358] = '\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #19\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n tacklemake\r\n \r\n
    \r\n tacklemake is offline\r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n

\r\n Default \r\n

\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n My name is Woody and I own Maryland Tackle.I also have been fishing for over fifty years and making tackle for forty years.I love to fish,so I fish about three times a week and write reports on SRRKC fishing club on the Severn river in Maryland.The light tackle I make catches fish and here is some pictures.............woody
    \r\n
    \r\nPS we caught 119 fish that day\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n'; pd[1770403] = '\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #20\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n lubbernomo\r\n \r\n
    \r\n lubbernomo is offline\r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n

\r\n Default \r\n

\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n My name is Mike and although I\'ve lived along the Chesapeake (Beard\'s Creek off the South River) for 10+ yrs now I just stowed the clubs and bought my first fishing boat in August. Can\'t claim to be a strictly LT fisherman - or anything else for that fact - though a recent WO LWT charter out of Solomon\'s got me "hooked" enough to start outfitting my boat with light rigs. My previous SW fishing experience has been summer OBX gulf stream charters, and then way back in the 70s as crew aboard family/friend\'s boats trolling LI Sound, Montauk & BI. So, after a LONG break (and now at 50+) I\'m having fun learning to captain, and loving the notion of SW fishing on light gear!
    \r\n
    \r\nTips, advice, critique welcome... and if you\'re near the South River interested in fishin, albeit with a newbie, give me a shout.\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n'; pd[1788977] = '\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #21\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n oldfart\r\n \r\n
    \r\n oldfart is online now\r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n

\r\n Default \r\n

\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n I\'m Kirk. been fishing the Bay since the mid 40\'s, live in Calvert County\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n'; pd[1793779] = '\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #22\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n TomGlenBurnie\r\n \r\n
    \r\n TomGlenBurnie is offline\r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    Blog Entries
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n

\r\n Default \r\n

\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n Greetings, My name is Tom Granger TomGlenBurnie
    \r\nI have been fishing, since I was a little stinkybutt boy.
    \r\n
    \r\nI remember trolling the bay, when all you could hope to catch was Blues.
    \r\n
    \r\nMy Unkle Jim took me when I was 14, to magothy R, where they rented boats.
    \r\n[ Near that bar shooters on rt 2 ], Jim live lined a big purty minnow, and
    \r\nlet her run into the weeds.
    \r\n
    \r\nJim was whispering, just keep quiet tommy,
    \r\nthey can hear your feet and your voice.
    \r\n
    \r\nJim lit a camel, and it was like he had lit
    \r\n the fuse on a stick of dynamite.
    \r\n
    \r\nThe weeds exploded , there was a flipping beast in there.
    \r\nJim fought the chain pickeral for what seemed like a long time.
    \r\nI\'ll never forget it, 26" prehistoric chain pickeral,
    \r\nprettiest thing you ever saw.
    \r\nThat was the king of the river : Majestic
    \r\n
    \r\nWhen i was very small, I fished a tidal salt water pond in rivera beach.
    \r\nI used to catch sunnies pumpkinseed in their breeding nests.
    \r\nI was fly fishing, but did not know it... muddy feet, angry mother.
    \r\n
    \r\nI want to learn to jig up some rockfish. I live and work on Patapsco river.
    \r\n
    \r\nthanks, tom g.\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n'; pd[1801392] = '\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #23\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n BBCroaker\r\n \r\n
    \r\n BBCroaker is offline\r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n

\r\n Default \r\n

\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n As my board name indicates I used to bottom fish for croakers and anything else that would bite on sqidd or bloodworms or shrimp but now I light tackle fish out of my kayak.Not very good ad it yet buy I\'m going to keep practicing as long as I can. Love it and some days I get skunked bit I just say had a good paddle.When I do catch a fish its just a plus to the "nice paddle"! Life is good!\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n'; pd[1843519] = '\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #24\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n dave00100\r\n \r\n
    \r\n dave00100 is offline\r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n

\r\n Default \r\n

\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n Hi, my name is Dave. I spin and fly light tackle mainly for largemouth, smallies, black crappie, brooks, browns, bows, shad, rockfish, grouper, snapper, baracuda, tarpon, permit, and bonefish. I handline low test for grouper, snapper, baracuda, tarpon, permit, and bonefish. I have always fished light tackle because its more fun. Tight lines to all.
    \r\n
    \r\nDave\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n'; pd[1887102] = '\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #25\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n Irish Jim\r\n \r\n
    \r\n Irish Jim is offline\r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n

\r\n Default \r\n

\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n Hi there!
    \r\n
    \r\nI\'m a light tackle boat angler from Cork in Ireland! Bass (European not striped) are my primary target and thereafter anything that will take a lure.
    \r\nI fished recently with an American friend (Bottom Knocker) here in Ireland. I was delighted to learn that there are even more than I thought doing the same thing Stateside. So, here to pick up on the American experience and to pass anything of use from our side of the atlantic.
    \r\nLater,
    \r\nJim\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n'; pd[1887313] = '\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #26\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n 35008\r\n \r\n
    \r\n 35008 is offline\r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n TFer who Posts Some - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n

\r\n Default \r\n

\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n Whats up yall, My name is Billy, I grew up in norther (redneck) Fl fishn for specks, reds , hybrid bass exc.. anything that bends a rod. Reds and Specks are my favorite. Did some spearfishing for awhile around here but nothing compares to a big red on light tackle. Typically I pick up my bow in the fall but this year Im gonna stick to fishn the colder months.
    \r\nIm really lookin forward to the stripers this fall, I mainly stick around Gloucester area (marshes). But this year I have been branching out to elizabeth river, HRBT. Dont really know alot about striper fishing but I plan on learning all I can.\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n'; pd[1966953] = '\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #27\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n MWOLFE\r\n \r\n
    \r\n MWOLFE is offline\r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n

\r\n Default \r\n

\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n Hi all,
    \r\n
    \r\nMy name is Mike and I hail from northern York Co, Pa. Been fishing light tackle since age 12, that was way back in 1962. I grew up wading small Central Pa trout streams and the Susquehanna River, west shore side, across from Harrisburg for smallies, carp, catfish & muskies. In my early twenties I started doing a lot of light tackle Charter Boat fishing, from Cape Cod to South Carolina, for just about anything that grew larger than the fish I was used to catching. In 1994 I sprained my back severely (no fighting chair) while landing a 16\' Blue Shark, 110 miles off Lewes, DE, which was tagged and released after a 2 1/2 hour fight. Well, that was that...no more monsters for me. I still wade the areas I did as a kid but 90% of my fishing time, since 2009, is spent on the Susky Flats. I trailer my boat 80 miles one way and fish out of Havre De Grace, spring & fall, chasing stripers in my 16\' deep v. My heavy striper rig is a 6 1/2\' M/H Carbonlite with a Penn Battle 4000 spooled with 12# Suffix Elite. My go to rig is a 6 1/2\' St Croix Medium with a Shimano Sahara 2500 or 3000 spooled with 8# or 10# Trilene XL. I haven\'t been on the water since June 4, 2013 and am really looking forward to getting back out there SOON.......
    \r\n
    \r\n I don\'t know a lot but I am willing to share/trade info with others....Tight lines all \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n Last edited by MWOLFE; 08-18-2013 at 10:02 AM.\r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n'; pd[1954776] = '\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #28\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n bunkerbuster\r\n \r\n
    \r\n bunkerbuster is offline\r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n

\r\n Default \r\n

\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n Bump for updates on how you are doing and for new light tackle devotees.........\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n'; pd[1994321] = '\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #29\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n JERRY NORRIS\r\n \r\n
    \r\n JERRY NORRIS is offline\r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n

\r\n Default \r\n

\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n You know my name from the logon. I started fishing when I was five or six years old in trout streams in North Carolina. Nothing fancy in the way of rods then, it was a birch pole with a few feet of line, a number 8 hook (or sometimes just a bent straight pin) and redworms in a Prince Albert tobacco can. Sneak up to the stream like you were stalking a white tail, drop the worm into the pool and let it float with the current. There is still nothing prettier than a native brook trout in fall spawing colors!
    \r\n
    \r\nI fish mostly the upper bay from Hart-Miller/Tolchester area to the base of the dam at Conowingo for Whateversbiten. Which, by the way, is the name of my 18ft Starcraft CC. I fish the Susquehanna river and flats heavily starting in January for yellow perch and on into the spring for shad, white perch and rockfish. My favorite rod is a 7 ft. medium light Carrot stick coupled with a Shakespeare Deciever 1025 reel spooled with 10 lb nanofil. It is great for shad, walleye and rockfish into the upper 20 inches. I generally go to ultra light for the white perch once they get up into the skinny water and to 7 ft. MH spinning or casting for the larger rockfish in the deeper waters. I make most of my own lures from shad darts, to lead heads, to bucktails, to blade baits, to flutter (butterfly) jigs, to jigging spoons. I also sometimes sell them under the name Whateversbiten.\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n'; pd[2783689] = '\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #30\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n andypat\r\n \r\n
    \r\n andypat is online now\r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    Blog Entries
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n

\r\n Default \r\n

\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n Hi, My name is Andy. If 12# line is light tackle I am in with you all. I started out bass fishing the Susquhanna river in MD. and the North East River in MD.Attachment 167065Attachment 167073 Then moved to Venice FL. and got pretty good at beach flounder fishing.Attachment 167081Attachment 167089 Moved again to Fedrealsburg MD. All the good fishing areas are too far away now for this old man. I had a good fishing life. Now I have to learn how to catch fish from land on Marshy Hope Creek close to home.\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n'; pd[2785937] = '\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #31\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n MWOLFE\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n

\r\n Default \r\n

\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n Love the old pictures Andy thanks for posting. Many of my fondest memories revolve around fishing, particularly the "good old days".
    \r\nStill love it, just can\'t go after em like I used to. Where did all the years go? Hope you find that hot-spot close to home \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n'; pd[2789561] = '\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #32\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n andypat\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    Blog Entries
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n

\r\n Default \r\n

\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n Quote Originally Posted by MWOLFE\r\n View Post\r\n
    \r\n
    Love the old pictures Andy thanks for posting. Many of my fondest memories revolve around fishing, particularly the "good old days".
    \r\nStill love it, just can\'t go after em like I used to. Where did all the years go? Hope you find that hot-spot close to home
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    I hear you MWOLFE. It is not easy anymore. Still fishing after all these years. Just not catching like we use to. That\'s why I went to floundering around on the Venice FL. beaches. It was like fishing with all the worked picked out. LOL! Thanks!\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n'; pd[3005242] = '\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #33\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n andypat\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    Blog Entries
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n

\r\n Default \r\n

\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n Quote Originally Posted by MWOLFE\r\n View Post\r\n
    \r\n
    Love the old pictures Andy thanks for posting. Many of my fondest memories revolve around fishing, particularly the "good old days".
    \r\nStill love it, just can\'t go after em like I used to. Where did all the years go? Hope you find that hot-spot close to home
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    The flounder pictures are not old. They are from the last few years, up to last year.\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n'; pd[3008786] = '\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #34\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n MWOLFE\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n

\r\n Default \r\n

\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n Quote Originally Posted by andypat\r\n View Post\r\n
    \r\n
    The flounder pictures are not old. They are from the last few years, up to last year.
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    Yeah Andy....but those bass photos up top ain\'t very recent...LOL...catch em up buddy
    \r\n
    \r\nI recently switched out some of my reels to "super lines" so I\'m not sure that I still qualify as a light tackle fisherman \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n'; pd[2899042] = '\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #35\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n andypat\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    Blog Entries
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n

\r\n Default \r\n

\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n You can fish from the Susquehanna Flats down to the Bay Bridge. You got it made. Were do you keep your boat? Good luck on your retirement. It gets pretty boring if you can\'t fish almost every day.\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n'; pd[3008986] = '\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #36\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n andypat\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    Blog Entries
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n

\r\n Default \r\n

\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n I guess we should just say, I use to catch bass, and leave it go at that. Then all will believe every thing you tell them. I am still fishing and still taken pictures. I got salt in my blood and gave up bass fishing long ago. Now I\'m back in MD. Fishing for little perch, crappie, and even bass now and then. I\'m kinda proud of the fish I caught. How about you? That is a good question. Is 6 or 8 lb. Super Lines still light tackle ? You didn\'t answer my question.
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\nYou can fish from the Susquehanna Flats down to the Bay Bridge. You got it made. Were do you keep your boat?\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n'; pd[3009074] = '\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #37\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n MWOLFE\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n

\r\n Default \r\n

\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    I guess we should just say, I use to catch bass, and leave it go at that. Then all will believe every thing you tell them. I am still fishing and still taken pictures. I got salt in my blood and gave up bass fishing long ago. Now I\'m back in MD. Fishing for little perch, crappie, and even bass now and then. I\'m kinda proud of the fish I caught. How about you? That is a good question. Is 6 or 8 lb. Super Lines still light tackle ? You didn\'t answer my question.
    \r\n
    \r\nYou can fish from the Susquehanna Flats down to the Bay Bridge. You got it made. Were do you keep your boat?
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    Andy, I have never caught a bass like that in my life. That is surely one to be proud of. I did however catch a 22 1/4" smallmouth maybe 5 years ago while wet wading the Susky up here around Harrisburg. I keep my boat in my garage and tow my little 16.5\' deep v 80 miles south to fish the flats and lower susky. I\'ve really never have fished too much past the Sassafras river. I still like to wet wade up here thru the summer for smallies & muskies & chase stripers down there from March - June then again from Sept - Dec. I did a fair amount of blue water & surf fishing in my younger days from Cape Cod to Edisto, S.C. but, that was then and this is now. You are definitely more of an avid fisherman than I am anymore. Keep up the good work buddy \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n'; pd[3313530] = '\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #38\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n andypat\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    Blog Entries
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n

\r\n Default \r\n

\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n Bay valle, I lived on kent Island, and fished that area almost every day for about 30 years. Kent Island is too crowded now for us. We moved back to Md. two years ago from FL. We live way down the Shore in Federalsburg Md. Good for you. You have a lot of places to fish now. A lot of good fishing on all the Eastern Shore rivers. Looking forward to some fishing reports from you.\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n'; pd[3313546] = '\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #39\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n Bay valle\r\n \r\n
    \r\n Bay valle is offline\r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n

\r\n Default \r\n

\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    Bay valle, I lived on kent Island, and fished that area almost every day for about 30 years. Kent Island is too crowded now for us. We moved back to Md. two years ago from FL. We live way down the Shore in Federalsburg Md. Good for you. You have a lot of places to fish now. A lot of good fishing on all the Eastern Shore rivers. Looking forward to some fishing reports from you.
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    Andy. It does get busy on the roads during summer weekends. I would have like to discover this area years earlier but I stumbled just upon it when my son took me out to see Annapolis a couple of years ago. I envy everyone who was fortunate enough to grow up in such a beautiful area and I now am looking forward to spending much of my retired years out there. Plus now I\'ll get to see my grandkids grow up.\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n'; // next/previous post info pn[1564542] = "3313546,1565816"; pn[0] = ",1564542"; pn[1565816] = "1564542,1565939"; pn[1565939] = "1565816,1565970"; pn[1565970] = "1565939,1566333"; pn[1566333] = "1565970,1566757"; pn[1566757] = "1566333,1565920"; pn[1565920] = "1566757,1565974"; pn[1565974] = "1565920,1566120"; pn[1566120] = "1565974,1572323"; pn[1572323] = "1566120,1577805"; pn[1577805] = "1572323,1636561"; pn[1636561] = "1577805,1783635"; pn[1783635] = "1636561,3313474"; pn[3313474] = "1783635,1603425"; pn[1603425] = "3313474,1666088"; pn[1666088] = "1603425,1666149"; pn[1666149] = "1666088,1725535"; pn[1725535] = "1666149,1725940"; pn[1725940] = "1725535,1726090"; pn[1726090] = "1725940,1764769"; pn[1764769] = "1726090,1764773"; pn[1764773] = "1764769,1770358"; pn[1770358] = "1764773,1770403"; pn[1770403] = "1770358,1788977"; pn[1788977] = "1770403,1793779"; pn[1793779] = "1788977,1801392"; pn[1801392] = "1793779,1843519"; pn[1843519] = "1801392,1887102"; pn[1887102] = "1843519,1887313"; pn[1887313] = "1887102,1966953"; pn[1966953] = "1887313,1954776"; pn[1954776] = "1966953,1994321"; pn[1994321] = "1954776,2783689"; pn[2783689] = "1994321,2785937"; pn[2785937] = "2783689,2789561"; pn[2789561] = "2785937,3005242"; pn[3005242] = "2789561,3008786"; pn[3008786] = "3005242,2899042"; pn[2899042] = "3008786,3008986"; pn[3008986] = "2899042,3009074"; pn[3009074] = "3008986,3313530"; pn[3313530] = "3009074,3313546"; pn[3313546] = "3313530,1564542"; // cached usernames pu[0] = guestphrase; pu[3] = "Brandon"; pu[153840] = "jeffreyolrick"; pu[36083] = "jamann4"; pu[27824] = "WhitestoneCharlie"; pu[3162] = "Fishman"; pu[152530] = "bullisland"; pu[48] = "BILL H"; pu[16] = "Steve F"; pu[166207] = "joeycastaneda"; pu[38563] = "Dr Feelgood"; pu[35461] = "Deskins"; pu[3882] = "DaveHuz"; pu[125] = "Timbo"; pu[149500] = "qbadtrip"; pu[169714] = "GMCfish"; pu[165141] = "tacklemake"; pu[169448] = "lubbernomo"; pu[14] = "oldfart"; pu[170608] = "TomGlenBurnie"; pu[24186] = "BBCroaker"; pu[170253] = "dave00100"; pu[172712] = "Irish Jim"; pu[172683] = "35008"; pu[14898] = "bunkerbuster"; pu[152948] = "MWOLFE"; pu[23088] = "JERRY NORRIS"; pu[141767] = "andypat"; pu[202081] = "Bay valle"; // -->

Threaded View

New TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Bump for updates on how you are doing and for new light tackle devotees.........